Author Topic: 40  (Read 3332 times)

Offline mattyk

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: 40
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 01:08:51 AM »
I'm a non-believer who couldn't give a toss about the bible plagiarism. 40 is a beautiful song, a favourite of mine... in live recordings that is; I'm not a fan of the album version, but it becomes something magical when there's a crwd singing with them.

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 09:51:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm a non-believer who couldn't give a toss about the bible plagiarism. 40 is a beautiful song, a favourite of mine... in live recordings that is; I'm not a fan of the album version, but it becomes something magical when there's a crwd singing with them.

Its funny how usually copying a bible line is "quoting" and another artist is "plagerism" to most people.(This isn't a comment on your line, but a generalization) But I agree, this song is a few simple lines that take on their own life in a crowd.

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2009, 05:54:58 AM »
Two things absolutely blew me away the first time I saw U2. Firstly, the theme from Harry's Game blasting out of the sound system right before the band took the stage. It's beautiful, haunting and hypnotic all in one. Fast forward to the end of the show and you have 12,000 people in unison wanting to know "How long must we sing this song". It is equally beautiful, haunting and hypnotic.

The final show should close with 40 and they should play Amazing Grace as we leave.