Author Topic: Soldier field not sold out yet but ...  (Read 2075 times)

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
Soldier field not sold out yet but ...
« on: April 14, 2009, 11:22:41 PM »
Tix left are $250? Does Bono or Larry sign the tickets? Sorry if this has been discussed already. -and that's not including the ticket master fees! remember that guy who posted how much have you spent on u2, yeah might want to check out that one.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 06:54:47 PM by Joe90usa »

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Soldier field not sold out yet but HOLY $---!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 04:12:42 AM »
Yeah, as much as we like U2, they're not worth $250 for a seat in a stadium, plus I think most people say, well, I'll only be a little bit further for $95...good enough for me.

**UPDATE**
I just checked some $250 tickets for the show I'm going to in Norman. Some of the seats going for that much are literally 13 rows down from my $95 seats in the same section...and there's no barricade. There's only a dividing line after the first 25 rows or so. UNBELIEVABLE! It's insane that I could be touching the back of someone that paid $250! Lucky for me, this probably means I can scoot down quite a few rows once the show starts or after a few songs.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:23:48 AM by JasontheJedi »

daveyg

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 04:21:23 AM »
That's them balancing out their profets for the cheap seats (in the toilets) for the fans they're looking after!

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 07:46:52 AM »
Does touching someone who paid $250 per seat count as a "brush with celebrity" or something?  ;D  For the Tampa show, the $250 tickets were the first "seats" to sell out, not long after the $55 GA field tickets.

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 09:25:52 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does touching someone who paid $250 per seat count as a "brush with celebrity" or something?  ;D  For the Tampa show, the $250 tickets were the first "seats" to sell out, not long after the $55 GA field tickets.

Yes! ;D I mentioned that because at most stadiums, the different price ranges are at least sectioned off. Also, if it was $95 and the next up was $150, I wouldn't make a big deal about it.

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 10:00:54 AM »
That's true. For $250 I'd expect at the very least an acoustically-perfect sonic dome / force field kinda thing that would not only keep out the "riffraff" but also enhance the auditory aspect of my concert-going experience, to say nothing of the array of scrumptious morsels that should be on hand and within easy reach for my dining pleasure. ;D As it is, however, I must suffer through the GA thing, what with the lining up like cattle and the endless waiting and the lengthy period of standing and the whole others-peoples'-feet-and-elbows-and-drunk-girlfriends thing. Alas!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 10:13:47 AM »
There's a huge discrepancy between (RED) zone auction tix too - from over $1000 down to around $200-300 on average for shows, with the only difference is that top 10 bids get the backstage tour.   

Offline jralex12

• Refugee
  • just because i rock doesnt mean im made of stone
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »

the $250 seats in tampa are not sold out to this moment i can still purchase them...

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 06:50:52 PM »

the $250 seats in tampa are not sold out to this moment i can still purchase them...

Yeah? They appeared sold out as of mid last week, and I just looked for two on Ticketmaster and got a "sorry, none available" response.  That's trying for two tickets.

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 04:12:13 PM »
I did Honolulu which was a stadium show,and I can compare it to the Arena shows and it was just as good.  Having a larger.more thunderous crowd adds a lot to the show.  I wish I could have paid $250 for those seats, but I had to Stub Hub my way into the show.  I actually would have prefered that money go directly to band, but in this case a large portion of what I paid when to Bubba in Des Moines. 

But it was what I was willing to pay, and I would again but thankfully I am a Horizon member so no need this time around. 

Offline jralex12

• Refugee
  • just because i rock doesnt mean im made of stone
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 04:14:03 PM »

Yeah? They appeared sold out as of mid last week, and I just looked for two on Ticketmaster and got a "sorry, none available" response.  That's trying for two tickets.

i typed in 30 tickets and all they wanted was my credit card...and thats 30 seats together in the same row

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 04:35:02 PM »
Being one of the lowly common folk, I had to seats for he $95 seats. SO I did find it kind of funny when I realized that I am in the forth row in the lower arena jus 4 seats away from the aisle where the $250 seats start.

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 07:44:03 PM »

i typed in 30 tickets and all they wanted was my credit card...and thats 30 seats together in the same row

On You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  I just tried and I get this: "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available." 

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Soldier field not sold out yet but ...
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 07:50:36 PM »
In fact, searching for 30 tickets in "best available" gives you $30 nosebleeds, upper level corner section behind the stage 317, row Y, and nothing better. Trying for 20 instead, you can move down to the mid-level $95 seats in the same behind-the-stage corner (row Y).  But back on my original point, by the third day of the general sale you could no longer buy a pair of $250 seats at RJS from Ticketmaster.