Author Topic: sold out ...  (Read 1800 times)

Offline tacoisahotburito

• Stateless
sold out ...
« on: April 18, 2009, 09:58:40 AM »
How are the ticketsales going in N-America?
Are the shows selling out?
Are the stadiums full? 90% 80% 70%
I'm curious...
Ticketssales here in Europe are going strong, but not so strong as in 2005.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
Re: sold out ...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 10:16:22 AM »
Check the official site.  I'd say they're going well but they're not sold out completely nor selling as well as in past. 
 I think that its worse than it appears due to the dismal state of the economy....The tix sales are also always inflated due to scalpers, brokers & even fan presale tix trades.   I have a couple extra that I'll sell at face for example, b/c trying to get the tix you want are always a crapshoot & panic. 

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 10:46:25 AM »
Boston, New York, Chicago, Toronto, and Pasadena are sold out. Vegas hasn't gone on sale yet, but everyone agrees it will sell out immediately. The other places still have tickets, but most of the good seats are gone. I don't think U2 has ever sold out stadiums completely in the U.S. (Definitely not during PopMart and someone will have to confirm ZooTV for me). They are probably doing better than it appears, but no one is seeing it that way because they sold out immediately last time. However, that was for arenas. I guarantee you they've sold at least 35,000+ tickets immediately everywhere they've gone on sale thus far. Even in Norman, OK, just by seat availability and stadium capacity, I'm guesstimating they've already sold 35-40,000 tickets and will probably end up selling at least 60,000+. That's in a small metro area.

Just my two cents.

Offline u290sbaby

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 12:27:55 PM »
The current tickets sale for the Fed Ex field date in the Washington DC area is not yet sold out. However, all the GA, club level and the $95 seats are gone. Only $30 upper level and some $250 level seats remain. It does however, seat 90 thousand people plus it's a different economy and different times.

During the stadium leg of Zoo TV in the US back in the summer of 1992, U2 did sellout many if not all of their stadium shows. Here in DC alone, they sold out RFK stadium for two nights! yes, two nights! That was about 70 thousand fans each night!

It is definitely very ballsy of U2 to go with stadium shows here in the US this time around. We have become very particular about whom we see live in concert but most importantly, where. I can't recall the last show I went to at a stadium here in the US since It's just not the norm anymore. I saw U2 both during Elevation and Vertigo tours at an arena which fits what 18 thousand plus people.

I am pleasantly surprised that the first Chicago, Boston, New York and L.A. shows did sell out very quickly though. But many other cities have lots of tickets still available for upper levels and the expensive seats.  I do think that once their second single is released and constantly played on the radio here it will create even more interest to see U2. I'm willing to bet that once the date gets closer they will all sell out in the remaining cities.

hurricane hugo

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 12:52:15 PM »
Remember this, too: there were 15k-20k seats in the stadiums that they couldn't sell during ZooTV and Popmart because of the stage design that they can sell now.

#@!

Offline beershack

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 08:00:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
During the stadium leg of Zoo TV in the US back in the summer of 1992, U2 did sellout many if not all of their stadium shows. Here in DC alone, they sold out RFK stadium for two nights! yes, two nights! That was about 70 thousand fans each night! 

Pretty impressive considering the capacity at RFK for the concert was 50K  ::)

Offline tacoisahotburito

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 09:46:03 AM »
Is the list on u2.com correct?
Because if I try to get tickets for Vegas I can't, but on u2.com it says that there are tickets.
And accept for the higher priced tickets (250) how are the sales going in the USA?

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 11:49:56 PM »
As usual, u2.com is 12 years behind the rest of the web

Vegas is sold out.