Author Topic: ZU2 - the best tribute act around!  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
ZU2 - the best tribute act around!
« on: April 19, 2009, 09:44:57 AM »
Yep I said it! I have seen this band a few times and they are on a par with the real thing, they are that good. (They made Boots sound magnificent  :P)

I just wanted to get your attention to this band becuae they are re - recording the Joshua Tree and it is all for charity! It is a local charity called 'Arts Council England' They help teeagers and adults to play music and form bands or become techs.  They also support Teenage Cancer Trust.  All you need to do is sign up (for free) and when it comes out in May you need to pay 5 for the album! (or its free 'Bono' wasnt exactly clear and I was drunk so that didnt help  ::))

here is a statement from 'Bono':

ZU2 will be back in the studio later this month to re-record the infamous Joshua Tree Album. Russ - aka - Bono says; 'Having worked with the Arts Council in 2008 we were approached again this year with a new and exciting project to re-record The Joshua Tree which is one of my, if not my favourite U2 album of all time. Of course we perform many tracks from that album in our shows but it will be great to complete the whole album and work with the talented students who will be our technicians for the 3 week course.' A spokesman from the council adds ' We have worked with ZU2 before and we did not hesitate to ask them back to be involved on this exciting project. ZU2 are undoubtedly the leading U2 Tribute show and we are delighted that they are available to complete this album.' With ongoing discussions with U2 we will be making this album available to all our members when it is all complete. To join as a member of ZU2 you can sign up free on the website.

Please do it!!!! it will help alot and they are a really great band that deserve more then they get. 

Website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

:)

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Re: ZU2 - the best tribute act around!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 11:29:57 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yep I said it! I have seen this band a few times and they are on a par with the real thing, they are that good. (They made Boots sound magnificent  :P)

I just wanted to get your attention to this band becuae they are re - recording the Joshua Tree and it is all for charity! It is a local charity called 'Arts Council England' They help teeagers and adults to play music and form bands or become techs.  They also support Teenage Cancer Trust.  All you need to do is sign up (for free) and when it comes out in May you need to pay 5 for the album! (or its free 'Bono' wasnt exactly clear and I was drunk so that didnt help  ::))

here is a statement from 'Bono':

ZU2 will be back in the studio later this month to re-record the infamous Joshua Tree Album. Russ - aka - Bono says; 'Having worked with the Arts Council in 2008 we were approached again this year with a new and exciting project to re-record The Joshua Tree which is one of my, if not my favourite U2 album of all time. Of course we perform many tracks from that album in our shows but it will be great to complete the whole album and work with the talented students who will be our technicians for the 3 week course.' A spokesman from the council adds ' We have worked with ZU2 before and we did not hesitate to ask them back to be involved on this exciting project. ZU2 are undoubtedly the leading U2 Tribute show and we are delighted that they are available to complete this album.' With ongoing discussions with U2 we will be making this album available to all our members when it is all complete. To join as a member of ZU2 you can sign up free on the website.

Please do it!!!! it will help alot and they are a really great band that deserve more then they get. 

Website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

:)

A great way to show us teenagers are mature and alive  8)

Ooh! A unicorn!

Offline Terrasidius

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Bass suit, bug shades, moon boogie motorcade
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 05:56:10 PM »
Haha! I once saw a really bad tribute band called 'NeU2' lol they sucked bad, they were OK with tthe 80s stuff but when they attempted the 90s stuff they crashed and burned, lol they even got a bellydancer out for Mysterious Ways but whilst she did her best they destroyed the song. Heres a pic on my flickr account of them... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I ran out of film whilst we were there though so I couldnt get the bellydancer :( Me and my mate Rab got plastered and enjoyed it more. :)

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 01:19:27 AM »
^ LOL

there was a belly dancer but he was a member of the audience and he was a fat old man  :-\

PLEASE people this is important!!!!!!

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 08:23:44 AM »
i saw them in belfast recently and they were great. would've liked more 90's stuff from them, but they were still brilliant. kings of leon were playing belfast the same evening, so the crowd was pretty small. it's good to see they are doing something for charity also, well done lads.

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 02:54:36 AM »
Thanks U2 Sherriff and Miami! for agreeing with me! lol I have seen them a coulpe of times before and after the new album and I really enjoyed them! I will admit I have seen some really, really, really bad tribute acts but these guys are special!

I saw them on them on the 12th April and they almost had a fight (Bono and Edge) because Edge didnt sing the corous part in 'Stand Up Comedy' it was quite funny!

Offline Discotheque Girl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • You break and enter my imagination
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 02:56:23 AM »
I went to see them on Youtube and I listened to Discotheque...

They are great!

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 03:00:05 AM »
Glad you think so Disco!  ;)