Author Topic: 04/20 General Sale (Houston, Dallas, Glendale) Open Thread...  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Shug

• Babyface
Won Phoenix Red Zone auction
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 01:36:13 PM »
Won Red Zone auction in Phoenix for the minimum bid, $115 per ticket.  I'm glad for getting these tix at such a good price, but a bit disappointed that the city I live in had what is most likely the slowest and weakest response from the on sale.  Over 10 hours to sell out GA?!!!!!

We've fallen a long way from opening and closing the Joshua Tree tour in 1987.  I hope the band don't hold it against the Phoenix audience!

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
Re: 04/20 General Sale (Houston, Dallas, Glendale) Open Thread...
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 02:59:22 PM »
vegas redzone tickets went for $365...ow!

-dan

Offline jlw1980

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 10:03:34 AM »
Phoenix is the 5th or 6th largest city in the country, yet it took that long to sell out GA? I know it's a huge stadium, but it's brand new! That's pathetic and sad. (I'm originally from Tucson but live in Tempe now.)

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 02:02:30 PM »
you should have stayed here!!!

-dan

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Won Phoenix Red Zone auction
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 08:00:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Won Red Zone auction in Phoenix for the minimum bid, $115 per ticket.  I'm glad for getting these tix at such a good price, but a bit disappointed that the city I live in had what is most likely the slowest and weakest response from the on sale.  Over 10 hours to sell out GA?!!!!!

We've fallen a long way from opening and closing the Joshua Tree tour in 1987.  I hope the band don't hold it against the Phoenix audience!

I'll be there to make up the numbers. Hope it's a sell-out, but was happy for the initial slow response. I got a cheap RZ ticket too (although I bid $10 over the minimum just to be safe). I'm RED1 (GA3 - don't think that will mean anything). How about you shug, red1 or red2?

Offline Shug

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 10:50:33 PM »
We're RED1, too.  Does that mean anything?  I'm wondering if we can choose either side of the stage or if that is assigned?  I've got a lot of questions about the RED Zone (when do the gates open for it, is there a separate gate just for RED Zone, how many people are in each zone, etc), but I'm sure they'll be answered once the US tour starts.  It'd be nice not to have to wait that long, though ;D

Offline HBK-79

• Babyface
  • I listen thru your ears...Thru your eyes I can see
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 11:45:42 PM »
I'm doing GA for the Houston show.

Does anyone here want to meet up before the show? ???

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 12:57:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We're RED1, too.  Does that mean anything?  I'm wondering if we can choose either side of the stage or if that is assigned?  I've got a lot of questions about the RED Zone (when do the gates open for it, is there a separate gate just for RED Zone, how many people are in each zone, etc), but I'm sure they'll be answered once the US tour starts.  It'd be nice not to have to wait that long, though ;D

RED1 will be 1 side of the stage, RED2 the other (so we are assigned a side). Not sure which is which yet. Yes there's a seperate entrance for RZ. I've heard 6:30pm entrance (or will call collection - not sure), I'll be getting there a bit early to bag a rail spot. I've heard 300 each side of the RZ, although an image on 360.u2.com had specs for the Gelsenkirchen show which quoted 950 each side (this can't be right, as it quoted 3 people per square metre in the RZ, compared to 2 people per square metre for general GA, there's no way they'd make it more crowded in the RZ than general GA).

It's mainly speculation & hearsay, so as you say, I guess we'll have to wait until the tour starts  :-\