Author Topic: highest posters  (Read 6416 times)

Offline i_heartU2

• Stateless
  • It's a beautiful day....
highest posters
« on: December 13, 2008, 05:30:48 PM »
Is there a chart that lists who the most frequent posters are? I think it would be cool to see who are the most "regular" regulars. Lol! :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 05:35:51 PM by i_heartU2 »

Offline i_heartU2

• Stateless
  • It's a beautiful day....
Re: highest posters
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 05:56:34 PM »
Never mind. I figured it out!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 07:17:07 PM »
Ummm, I think I may be on that "distinguished" list  :-[ :-[  In fact, all of my homies on the Old Lady Thread rank up there I'm sure-yooper, Dark Angel, Starfish I mean YOU!!  But I must confess I don't know how to get that list. Help!

OK,I got it.  Oh my, I think I may be top poster.  I think that shows that I don't have a life!  It also shows my addiction to the forum.  It also shows I talk (post) way too much!  These are just not good things.  :'(  But the games really do get your post numbers up there in my defense!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 07:40:42 PM by StrongGirl »

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 09:42:02 AM »
 ;D StrongGirl I think you are way ahead of everyone in the forum even me who compulsively come on here!

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 06:32:46 PM »
Did you all find the stats page? Click the icon at the bottom of the main Forum "home" page....

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 11:51:32 PM »
OMG-I just found it m2.  I have more time online than Joe does and he's the moderator!  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
 OK- so I need a 12 step program to overcome my addiction. On a brighter note, I am excited to see how well my Word Association Game is doing. (And our Old Lady Thread too).

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 12:00:51 AM »
I was shocked to see how much time I am on this forum.  I know it's a lot, but it is keeping track in DAYS.  Would that count if I was logged on and stepped away from my computer?  I'll tell myself that's why I am ranked so high - yeah, that's the ticket.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 01:52:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was shocked to see how much time I am on this forum.  I know it's a lot, but it is keeping track in DAYS.  Would that count if I was logged on and stepped away from my computer?  I'll tell myself that's why I am ranked so high - yeah, that's the ticket.

Yep, I'm pretty sure the clock keeps ticking as long as you're visiting the forum.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 03:35:56 AM »
It's time spent socializing, time well spent, we need it for our well-being and sanity.   ;)

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 09:05:25 PM »
This would be my one complaint about the new forum - the post counts. I know there's people posting absolutely every thought, and every half thought they have, just so their number rises and the status name changes.
Oh well....people are happy and that's cool.  ;D

....but still, a pain to moderate!  :P

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 10:00:11 PM »
I swear Hawkmoon, I'm not posting just to bring up my number and change status. I really just like to chat with this bunch. In fact, I wish you didn't keep those stats. I'm having fun but I don't really want to be on "the" list for all to see  :-[.  Also, the games bring your numbers up. I wasn't sure if some of them would be allowed because of the very thing you just brought up. Sorry, if this is driving you crazy. I'll try to behave. ;)

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 11:43:45 PM »
If you want to see an analysis of visitors to this site by demographics, go to quantcast.com; it's actually kind of creepy, since I've never given info about my income, education level, etc. to Big Brother. I'm guessing they track cookies, but I had no idea they could access that kind of thing. Supposedly the info is in the aggregate and no identifying info about individuals is used, though.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 02:51:42 AM »
It is creepy!  How do they know all that stuff!  From their demographics one would conclude we are a chatty bunch of older Caucasian females with children, less affluent with no college degree, aka bored housewives  :D

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 05:14:38 AM »
It is creepy!  How do they know all that stuff!  From their demographics one would conclude we are a chatty bunch of older Caucasian females with children, less affluent with no college degree, aka bored housewives  :D

ahem...dont forget me!  ::)

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 07:55:56 AM »
This would be my one complaint about the new forum - the post counts. I know there's people posting absolutely every thought, and every half thought they have, just so their number rises and the status name changes.
Oh well....people are happy and that's cool.  ;D

....but still, a pain to moderate!  :P

Are you actually complaining about how much traffic the forum gets?  That's like opening a nice bar in a neighborhood, then complaining because you have to spend all your time pouring drinks.  (Okay, maybe the metaphor sucks, but you get my drift.)  I checked out other forums, but decided to join this one because it has the best conversation.  I guess I'll try to keep at least my "Half-thoughts" to a minimum.   :P