Author Topic: highest posters  (Read 6417 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Re: highest posters
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 03:11:04 PM »
I don't want to speak for Hawkmoon, but this forum is infinitely easier to moderate than the old one. Lots more options, tools, etc. The "pain" for me is that using off-the-shelf forum software (like we are now, but weren't before) means that you get bots/spammers trying to register, so we have more work to do keeping that crap out...

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 09:07:05 PM »
Wow, StrongGirl, you're almost to 1000!  You'll have to have a special thread to celebrate your 1000th post!!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ (No, please no. Ducks head. But thank you for the lovely thought.) But I do think U2 should give me a free ticket with a backstage pass at the concert in New York for this achievement on their behalf. Oh, better yet, fly me to Dublin boys. My husband could care less so daveyg gets to go with me!

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 11:15:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Are you actually complaining about how much traffic the forum gets?  That's like opening a nice bar in a neighborhood, then complaining because you have to spend all your time pouring drinks.  (Okay, maybe the metaphor sucks, but you get my drift.)  I checked out other forums, but decided to join this one because it has the best conversation.  I guess I'll try to keep at least my "Half-thoughts" to a minimum.   :P

Nope, not complaining.

And yeah, I thought your metaphor sucked too.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 12:42:28 PM by Hawkmoon2e »

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 10:04:57 PM »
I just found the stats page.  I'm glad the other forum I'm on doesn't have the 'number of days/hours spent on the site'.  I think I'd be horrified by my own stats!

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 10:58:34 PM »
Whew... #6 on "The List"... That's a good place for me...  :)

It's just so nice to have a place to talk U2! I can even justify my 340 posts by saying it keeps my friends sane (by keeping me from talking their ears off about Bono and the boys)!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 11:58:41 AM »
Heya hawk or m2 - not that I'm losing sleep over it but I don't quite get the number counts & titles... ?
I'm still a baby face with 44 posts where I see another old regular has 4 posts and is "Stranger in a Strange Land".   ???

Just curious...  :P

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 05:42:44 PM »
Hey P8 --

This is how it all shakes out. You are assigned a name for how many posts you have, and the number of stars are directly related to that number.

Stranger in a Strange Land
0 (posts)

Babyface

Wanderer

Refugee

Party Girl/Boy

Elevated

Acrobat

Original of the Species

Mofo

(I won't ruin the surprise on the last one, but I'm sure 'Strong Girl' will get there in no time)  ;)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 11:38:54 PM »
Hi Hawkmoon2e! May I call you Hawk? I can't believe with all of my posts, we've never chatted. Nice to meet you. ;)

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2008, 12:13:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi Hawkmoon2e! May I call you Hawk? I can't believe with all of my posts, we've never chatted. Nice to meet you. ;)

Hey SG. Of course you can call me Hawk. That's pretty much what they call me around these parts. I've been hangin' on the down low lately in the new forum......but I'm always watching.  ;D

I've also been accused of being somewhat of a smart-ar*e (hard to believe, I know)....so when I make fun of the number of posts you've made, just know that it's all in good fun.  8)

Oh yeah, and a happy Christmas and merry New Year to you and yours.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 12:15:55 AM by Hawkmoon2e »

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2008, 06:26:12 AM »
1500 posts of being a Mofo  ??? And then what? 2500 of being a Fly or some other pest  ;)
I like the Original of the Species  :D

I've slowed down on my posting out of respect for your time Hawk, in the last week I've gone down to 13,2 daily average, and I believe I was at 14. My goal is to bring it down to 10 a day. 10 is a decent number, you can handle that.  ;)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2008, 07:55:26 PM »
Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to you and yours too Hawk! Hey, I kind of like SG and I know it is all in good fun ;). When you are not "moderating" why don't you come on over to some of the game threads and play. They are a lot of fun. I would invite you to our "Old Lady" thread but I know you'll run the other way ;D. All the guys do. But we are an equal opportunity thread you know! And it is the hottest thread on the forum if I do say so myself!   Oh yeah, and I seem to remember you saying you were Irish. You may become eligible for the Hot Irish Guys thread too you know.  (OK-there's go Hawk back to hangin' on the down low again ;))

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 10:32:57 AM »
Hi Hawk. I just wanted to let you know that I won't put you in the Hot Irish Guys Thread if you don't want to be.  ;)