Poll

Will you spoil your setlist before your show? checking online to see what songs will likely be played?

Yep
37 (57.8%)
No
15 (23.4%)
I don't know
12 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Will you spoil your setlist before your show?  (Read 3902 times)

Offline Crewboy

• Stateless
Re: Will you spoil your setlist before your show?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 01:07:13 AM »
Yes...will definitely be looking at the set list for this one.  Taking two friends to a show who have NEVER seen U2 live.  So I have to create a sampler with some of the older material mixed in so that they're familiar with the songs by the day of the show.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 06:07:57 PM »
I am really happy that I get to see them in Chicago so I won't be "spoiled" for what they are doing in North America yet assuming it will be slightly different, that's going to be cool.

There's no way I can keep from watching Europe though... I am going to see if my willpower will allow me to only READ the setlist and stay away from YouTube, but I doubt it...

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 08:06:08 PM »
Call me what you will (fangirl?) but the only reason I'm going to pay attention to what they do before I see them is to find out
a) if Larry comes out from behind the kit (like Desire on Elevation and LAPOE on Vertigo)
b) if so, on which song
c) where exactly is he on the ellipse

Offline Scotty

• Refugee
  • listen for me I'll be shouting
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 04:41:06 AM »
No spoiling for me I will be there on opening night in Barca!!

daveyg

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2009, 05:04:24 AM »
You'll have to spoil it for the rest of us so! :)

Offline olay 17

• Babyface
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 01:40:03 AM »
As i live in australia, the chance of them coming down under seems slim at this point... so yes I will be spoiling!

I looked at the set lists before the australian vertigo tour and i don't think it spoiled it at all... I had already watched Vertigo live from Chicago 100 times so there wasn't much to spoil!

Even if they do go down under in 2010,  i will have of watched the 360 Tour DVD Live from XXX by that time.

Offline Hohat

• Babyface
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 06:15:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes...will definitely be looking at the set list for this one.  Taking two friends to a show who have NEVER seen U2 live.  So I have to create a sampler with some of the older material mixed in so that they're familiar with the songs by the day of the show.

I'm the same too for a slightly different reason - I'm taking my wife who isn't even really a U2 fan, so I'll be making a playlist intended to help maximise her enjoyment and convert her to the cause!

Offline tannwick

• Babyface
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2009, 09:44:01 AM »
I won't wait - I want to see what the show is like! I'm fascinated by the stage, and watching a slightly dodgy phone cam video is in no way the same as being there "in the flesh"  :)

I'm also going with 2 people who haven't seen U2 before so will need to get something together for them :) As we are all in education in the UK the concert will be bang in the middle of our holidays also  ;D

Offline jules

• Stateless
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 06:11:19 AM »

Yes, but won't they do a full dress rehearsal before the first night ???.... setlist will come out.

Personally I don't look at setlists before my first gig. You have to be very careful on the internet and scroll down pages very slowly incase spoiler alerts aren't there.  Still though it's often impossible not to find out the first song....

I remember ZOO TV indoor europe, it was before internet so the whole thing was a blast... POPMART I only found out the first and last songs so the rest was full of surprises (Found, all I want). I strongly encourge people to be strong and let the gig be a surprise. As one poster said, "how many real surprises are there in life?"

As Bono would say:

And if your glass heart should crack
And for one second you turn back
Oh no, be strong

Walk on, walk on
What you got they can't steal it
No, they can't even feel it
Walk on, walk on
Stay safe tonight

jules

InThisHeartland

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 07:44:52 PM »

Yes, but won't they do a full dress rehearsal before the first night ???.... setlist will come out.

Personally I don't look at setlists before my first gig. You have to be very careful on the internet and scroll down pages very slowly incase spoiler alerts aren't there.  Still though it's often impossible not to find out the first song....

I remember ZOO TV indoor europe, it was before internet so the whole thing was a blast... POPMART I only found out the first and last songs so the rest was full of surprises (Found, all I want). I strongly encourge people to be strong and let the gig be a surprise. As one poster said, "how many real surprises are there in life?"

As Bono would say:

And if your glass heart should crack
And for one second you turn back
Oh no, be strong

Walk on, walk on
What you got they can't steal it
No, they can't even feel it
Walk on, walk on
Stay safe tonight

jules

well put. im doing the same