Author Topic: Big News  (Read 38792 times)

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
Re: Big News
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2008, 02:36:14 AM »
I've noticed this at the end of the last U2.com newsletter, received today :

"Stop Press! Just heard that we have another exclusive video featuring the whole band all set for the next few days - keep checking in... "

Can't wait !

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2008, 05:57:18 PM »
Ooh, thats interesting.  :)

Maybe its regarding the new song?

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2008, 09:01:33 PM »
I read that too..................My heart began to beat real fast when I read that notice!!! ;D :D

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2008, 09:23:32 PM »
Ooh! I hadn't noticed that before! Thanks, soloyan!  ;D

*stares at screen, waiting for video to magically appear*

Offline Mr. T

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2008, 09:30:29 PM »
we should get an album leak in February. Bomb hit the torrent sites about a month before the official street date. 

Revolver7

« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2008, 11:48:46 PM »
If the album does leak, I'll only listen to 2 or 3 songs at the most...I love the ritual of going out and buying a CD and rushing home to hear it. There's something really amazing about hearing a song for the first time...and I feel like if I listen to a whole album on the internet, it ruins the suprise...I don't want to know 100% of what I'm getting when I buy an album

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2008, 11:52:23 PM »
I wonder if it is early enough to pre-order the album? So I don't have to rush to the music stores.

luieu2

« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2008, 07:54:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If the album does leak, I'll only listen to 2 or 3 songs at the most...I love the ritual of going out and buying a CD and rushing home to hear it. There's something really amazing about hearing a song for the first time...and I feel like if I listen to a whole album on the internet, it ruins the suprise...I don't want to know 100% of what I'm getting when I buy an album
i agree with you totaly  ;)

Offline TraKianLite/Zooropa

• Numb
  • The land was flat, the highway straight and wide.
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2008, 08:47:34 AM »
I wonder if it is early enough to pre-order the album? So I don't have to rush to the music stores.

Well, you can, but it doesn't mean you should. That said, my plans involve getting it from an indie store a couple of blocks away, which will allow me to be incredibly smug and holier-than-thou about it.

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »

The old school way, I couldnt agree with you more. When HTDAAB came out, my buudy got it before the release and I wouldnt listen to it. Ah well maybe a few songs I did!

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2008, 08:54:16 PM »

I agree, too, but usually lack the willpower to wait  :(

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2008, 05:08:01 PM »

I agree, too, but usually lack the willpower to wait  :(

Me too. The last album I listened to a day before on u2.com and I think it has detracted from my enjoyment of the songs. One of my favorite memories was the day I bought Pop. (The first album to come out after I became a U2 fan) Now I'm not in love with that album or anything, but I loved just laying on my bed and exploring the newest piece of art from my favorite artist. I'm holding out this time. (But I will buy the single whenever it finally comes out!)