Author Topic: Big News  (Read 38798 times)

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Big News
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »
Just got off the phone with Bono. He says the cedars of lebanon are in sight on the horizon, and that, indeed, we should all slip into our boots, because 2011 IS GONNA BE OUR YEAR FOR SURE.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2008, 09:07:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You should see Interference lol, hundreds of people are piling into that one thread. :D

HANG ON! WE'RE ALMOST THERE!  ;D

281 people

At a time there was almost 300.  :o
I logged onto Interference this afternoon just to check and at that moment there were 375 viewing that thread and they were up to 42 pages of comments on that one thread (now up to 60 pages).  Yikes.

Don't they usually do stuff Tues. AM?  That is a typical day to release albums and such, so perhaps tomorrow AM.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 09:12:18 PM by EdgeUK8_my_mind »

Offline ChoriU2

• Babyface
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2008, 12:10:03 AM »
Yesterday the Spanish site You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login post this news:

"El pasado viernes en Paris Wojtek pudo charlar brevemente con Bono. El single va a salir entre el dia 10 y 15 de enero, la salida del album (cuya grabacion se termino la semana pasada en Londres) esta prevista para finales de febrero.
Gracias a Wojtek Generalczyk."

Translation:

"Last Friday in Paris, Wojtek talk a little bit with Bono. The single is going to be released between the 10th and 15th of January, the album (which was finished last week in London) is expected to be for the last days of February. Thanks to Wojtek Generalczyk"

Offline Northern Star

• Stateless
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2008, 01:42:58 AM »
You should see Interference lol, hundreds of people are piling into that one thread. :D

HANG ON! WE'RE ALMOST THERE!  ;D

281 people

At a time there was almost 300.  :o
I logged onto Interference this afternoon just to check and at that moment there were 375 viewing that thread and they were up to 42 pages of comments on that one thread (now up to 60 pages).  Yikes.

Don't they usually do stuff Tues. AM?  That is a typical day to release albums and such, so perhaps tomorrow AM.

Albums are released on Mondays in Europe.

U2 are on Irish time it seems .....   ;)

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2008, 05:49:59 AM »
Just got off the phone with Bono. He says the cedars of lebanon are in sight on the horizon, and that, indeed, we should all slip into our boots, because 2011 IS GONNA BE OUR YEAR FOR SURE.

LOL!!!!!

Hey M2---Well it is tomorrow now-news??

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2008, 10:27:43 AM »
Supposed to be announced tomorrow now, but your choice if you want to believe it or not.

You oughtta see the nasty emails I'm getting. Makes me wonder why we even bother...

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »
Supposed to be announced tomorrow now, but your choice if you want to believe it or not.

You oughtta see the nasty emails I'm getting. Makes me wonder why we even bother...

Oh, poor M2, it's not your fault!!  We still love you!  Now, U2 on the other hand.........no, I still love them too!

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2008, 10:34:24 AM »
:) I'm not looking for sympathy or anything, just expressing my dismay over a group of U2 fans who must have their priorities way out of order these days. So many more important things to be angry about than this.

Boom Cha!

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2008, 11:02:33 AM »
:) I'm not looking for sympathy or anything, just expressing my dismay over a group of U2 fans who must have their priorities way out of order these days. So many more important things to be angry about than this.

You're still cool in my book m2.  8) I can't wait to hear the news though! ;D

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2008, 11:35:16 AM »

Awww m2 we all love you! and we can wait!  ;D

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2008, 11:41:47 AM »

M2 has no control over U2 announcements, that's clear, my frustration is entirely with the band.

Offline TraKianLite/Zooropa

• Numb
  • The land was flat, the highway straight and wide.
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2008, 12:14:42 PM »
So many more important things to be angry about than this.

Quite f****** True.

So true, actually, that I feel obliged to test the profanity filter. I mean, it's annoying, but anger-inducing? Definitely some medication and therapy needed somewhere.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2008, 12:26:42 PM »

M2 has no control over U2 announcements, that's clear, my frustration is entirely with the band.

C'mon Aburrow - how can you, or anyone else for that matter have this much frustration with the band? Get a grip. These are incredibly exciting times for us U2 fans - a new album by our heroes, a new tour, the whole media circus - everything that surrounds a U2 release is imminent - lets all enjoy this ride. An announcement will be made by U2 (who are the ONLY ones who have any control over the release of information) when they are good and ready and feel it is right. Anyone out there who has sent M2, or anyone else at @U2 these emails complaining about this lack of information right now needs to just lighten up.

M2 - you could be told this information/announcement tomorrow, and not tell the rest of us for weeks - I know you wouldn't do this because you know that we are all as excited as you are - but you would be perfectly within your rights to do so, and I would not hold it against you if you did  ;)

Alton Dalton

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2008, 12:31:20 PM »

Hey Matt.

Do you have any thoughts on what this news actually is? With all the speculation floating around, I'd have thought if anyone here knows for sure, you do!! ;D

And if so, are you at liberty to say??
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 12:33:29 PM by Alton Dalton »

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2008, 01:04:15 PM »
why people can't just wait til something official is announced is beyond me.you think being a u2 fan you would  be used to delays by now lol getting pissy is really not going to quicken anything up, and having ago at you is quite rediculous.chill out guys