Author Topic: Big News  (Read 39231 times)

An Cat Dubh

Re: Big News
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2008, 01:07:10 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
:) I'm not looking for sympathy or anything, just expressing my dismay over a group of U2 fans who must have their priorities way out of order these days. So many more important things to be angry about than this.
why people can't just wait til something official is announced is beyond me.you think being a u2 fan you would  be used to delays by now lol getting pissy is really not going to quicken anything up, and having ago at you is quite rediculous.chill out guys
I hear ya Spanner! I can not believe all this! Lets just all chill out and enjoy the hype - We're ready - ready for what's next!

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2008, 01:15:44 PM »
Frankly, I think a big part of the problem is that people are misunderstanding what I wrote:

"We're expecting some big U2 news..."

I think some people are thinking that means @U2 is going to make a big announcement about what the band is doing. In reality, when I say "we're expecting" that means U2 is going to announce some news. I'm not saying "we're expecting to post," I'm saying "we're expecting to hear."

Didn't think I needed to draw a diagram for people, but apparently I did. :) I take responsibility for writing something too unclear for some folks to get what I intended to say.

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2008, 01:28:59 PM »
Hey: I didn't send m2 ANY emails! I realize he doesn't control the information that's released from U2, and said as much in a post! So what if I said I was frustrated with the band, I'm sure they can handle it. I'm not giving the administrator of this forum any grief over it, and if my comments appeared to do so, I apologize.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 01:37:17 PM by Aburrow »

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
Frankly, I think a big part of the problem is that people are misunderstanding what I wrote:

"We're expecting some big U2 news..."

I think some people are thinking that means @U2 is going to make a big announcement about what the band is doing. In reality, when I say "we're expecting" that means U2 is going to announce some news. I'm not saying "we're expecting to post," I'm saying "we're expecting to hear."

Didn't think I needed to draw a diagram for people, but apparently I did. :) I take responsibility for writing something too unclear for some folks to get what I intended to say.
No need to apologize m2 - I understood exactly what you were saying, it was clear enough. And thank you for saying it, it added to the excitment already in the air and cemented everyones feelings that @u2 only waits for concrete and reliable information before they confirm it on the website. This is why we love @u2!
Unfortunately, beacuse some people have taken this the wrong way - I'm afraid that unless the band announces that its releasing a triple album of some 36 songs, a 100 hour DVD of all the recording sessions, announce a 200 date indoor arena tour and a 200 date stadium tour - then whatever the news is it may be a bit of an anti climax! :P
And Aburrow - I apologize to you, I did not mean to accuse you of being one of the ones emailing m2 on this - It was just a knee jerk reaction to you being frustrated with the band. Im sure you will forgive the boys when you first listen to their new music - whenever that maybe  :D

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »
It's all good!  :D I'm sweating bullets until we get official word!

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2008, 01:51:16 PM »
It's all good!  :D I'm sweating bullets until we get official word!
Me too  :-\ I tell ya, JT, AB, ATYCLB & HTDAAB, the months before these albums were released was bad enough, this is downright excrutiating! The one constant - the wait will be worth it! And when they dangle dancing girls with boots on in front of you   ;D- well for gods sake!

Offline ChoriU2

• Babyface
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2008, 02:03:52 PM »
Ok it doesn´t matter... it is just fascinating to wait and wait until the news are realesed!!!! Thanks for evertyhting Matt!!

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2008, 03:51:30 PM »
Oh well, we're getting close, very close, we'll get an announcement maybe today, tomorrow, or even the next day. At least the album won't be a Chinese Democracy I can tell you that.  :)

Offline ChoriU2

• Babyface
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2008, 04:01:26 PM »
Well here are the Big News, for Dubai citizens, I found today:

If You're in Dubai...

If you're in Dubai tomorrow evening, 'U23D' is showing at the IMAX Cinema as part of the Dubai Film Festival.

Director Catherine Owens will be talking before each screening and taking questions afterwards. More information here.

U2.com

I can´t wait for the new single!!! BRING IT!!!

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2008, 05:16:08 PM »
Oh well, we're getting close, very close, we'll get an announcement maybe today, tomorrow, or even the next day. At least the album won't be a Chinese Democracy I can tell you that.  :)

Trust me I don't think U2 would let there fans wait 14 years for an album that only one original member of the band is on.  So its day 3 and still waiting for the big news.  I wonder if the band is purposely doing this just to get everyone all worked up.  It's working !!!!   ;D

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2008, 05:44:49 PM »

Trust me I don't think U2 would let there fans wait 14 years for an album that only one original member of the band is on.  So its day 3 and still waiting for the big news.  I wonder if the band is purposely doing this just to get everyone all worked up.  It's working !!!!   ;D

I think that could be the main idea, i've heard something being mentioned to occur on the 17th of December (today)

But we know something is around the corner.

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2008, 05:51:04 PM »
They know us all too well.  That's why I think Bono purposely played those songs knowing someone would be recording.  Brilliant mind he has.  Oh and btw since U2.com started that whole membership thing I usually go to that page once every year, but the last 3 days I've been checking it constantly. 

Offline JohnnyVOXX

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • many will see and hear
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2008, 05:55:51 PM »
Oh come on fellas!!!
enjoy the ride!!! this is amazing... the excitement...... the thrilll.... it's like going up the rollercoaster, hear, feel the chains pulling the car up... we all know we're in for a treat!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2008, 06:04:01 PM »
Baby slow down. The end is not as fun as the start.  ;)

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2008, 06:11:46 PM »
It will be more fun when we get the news, then the single, then the album, then the tour.  ;D