Author Topic: Big News  (Read 38929 times)

Offline Mr. T

• Staring at the Sun
Re: Big News
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2008, 11:36:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
hahaha...
I don't think keeping the rage flowing would be wise... best thing is to ignore them...

You're right but there are some giant tools in the online U2 community. On U2 message boards 24/7,
frittering their lives away. The fact someone would take the time to write an email and complain
about this is absurd.

I say shine a light on them.

Let us point and laugh.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 11:47:49 AM by Mr. T »

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2008, 12:23:07 PM »
^ total and complete annihilation  :P

Nah just kidding,

Laughing at them should work!

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2008, 02:50:03 PM »
you should post the content of these emails, as well as the email address and name
of the sender.

No, thanks. That would be stooping to their level.

(Plus, you can send anonymous emails if you use the Contact form on atu2.com. I don't know their names.)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2008, 02:54:02 PM »
By the way, I really thought the announcement would come today. Bono and Edge showed up on Irish TV last night, so that was sort of their "re-entry" into public view, and making an announcement today would've been smart as a follow-up to the TV performance. Now I'm guessing it'll be next Monday. The rumor we heard involves something happening on Christmas day, so if that's still the plan, they can't wait much longer.....

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2008, 02:56:39 PM »
Woo hoo, very exciting, Christmas Day!!!  Hmm, I know it's just a rumor and they keep making us wait, but I can't help being excited about this little tid bit you just gave us M2!  That would be awesome if they were under my Christmas tree!!!!!  :D (Although I don't think my husband would be very happy  :P )

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2008, 03:12:31 PM »
Christmas Day, news on Christmas Day, that would be pretty good although thats in a week.

I was really expecting news today because of u2spain, but all I saw was a fake tracklisting nobody could read.  >:(

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2008, 04:24:38 PM »
Man its glad to be back on the site and chatting about the boys. Hello to all, and whatever the news, Im just glad their back. Love this site as well! Whoever runs it does a great job. (Matt McGee right?).

Ill see you again, when the stars fall from the sky...and the moon has turned red...over One Tree Hill

Offline Brad

• Babyface
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »
By the way, I really thought the announcement would come today. Bono and Edge showed up on Irish TV last night, so that was sort of their "re-entry" into public view, and making an announcement today would've been smart as a follow-up to the TV performance. Now I'm guessing it'll be next Monday. The rumor we heard involves something happening on Christmas day, so if that's still the plan, they can't wait much longer.....

You're stoking the fire again, Matt.  ;)

But at least you used the word "rumor" this time so maybe everyone won't blow things out of proportion. (Sure they will.)

BTW, I risked my life to buy U2: A Diary last week.  Yep, I went into Southcenter Mall in Tukwila to buy it at Border's.  ;D 

Offline JohnnyVOXX

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • many will see and hear
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2008, 06:37:48 PM »
you should post the content of these emails, as well as the email address and name
of the sender.

No, thanks. That would be stooping to their level.

(Plus, you can send anonymous emails if you use the Contact form on atu2.com. I don't know their names.)

My point exactly  ;)

aww...
well... let's enjoy the ride then...
I'm pretty sure they know about the whole fuzz this news have made around the "die-hard" fans.... I'm really wandering what's on their mind right now...
thanks for the tip M2!!  8)

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2008, 06:48:45 PM »
Man its glad to be back on the site and chatting about the boys. Hello to all, and whatever the news, Im just glad their back. Love this site as well! Whoever runs it does a great job. (Matt McGee right?).

Ill see you again, when the stars fall from the sky...and the moon has turned red...over One Tree Hill

Yep, Matt runs this place.  :)

Offline achtungboy

• Babyface
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2008, 09:23:17 PM »

I believe that was pre-taped a week ago or so.

-ab

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2008, 10:27:15 PM »

First, welcome back from wherever you went. :)

Second, thank you for the kind words. The staff actually runs the place. I'm mostly a traffic cop.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2008, 10:28:27 PM »

-ab

Yep, back on the 7th. But no one saw it until last night, so following up 24 hours later with the big announcement would've been smart.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2008, 11:16:46 PM »

-ab

Yep, back on the 7th. But no one saw it until last night, so following up 24 hours later with the big announcement would've been smart.

If only there was something out there that let us know what the band were doing on any given day...something like that would be so cool. Anyone have any ideas?   :P

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2008, 11:29:25 PM »
Yeah like U2Watch, or U2Cam, that would be nice. Or in the days following up to the announcement U2 will inform us what they are doing or something similar.