Author Topic: does anyone know why bono doesn't wear a wedding ring?  (Read 11241 times)

Offline Immy1992

• Elevated
  • oh sugar, don't you cry
Re: does anyone know why bono doesn't wear a wedding ring?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 02:48:42 PM »
wow, you've met him!! *jealous* :P

i can understand where you're coming from. I'd be way too shy to ask!

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 10:14:30 PM »
My husband doesn't wear a wedding ring, I wear his, mine is too small for me, it's been too small since we got married, he barely pushed it onto my finger. We never bothered to get it stretched.  :P

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 11:35:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ali doesn't wear a wedding ring either.  I believe the ring he wears on his pinkie is his "fish" ring that was a gift from Larry.  Gee does that mean he's married to Larry?  (Just kidding)

I think larry wears a ring Bono gave him too but I might just be making that up.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 08:44:18 AM »
Zooey, did you really say that, or did someone else get on your account to play a prank on you?

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 09:15:26 AM »
my grandparents were married for 57 years and my grandfather never wore a wedding ring, never had one.

Offline excavation

• Elevated
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 10:06:37 AM »
Dr. Ex doesn't wear one, he took it off on the way home from the reception.  ::)  He won't wear jewelry of any kind.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bono lost his and never replaced it.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 04:34:59 PM »
Zooey, did you really say that, or did someone else get on your account to play a prank on you?

???

Offline LinneaS

• Babyface
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 01:48:17 AM »
I know I have a hard time wearing my rings when I'm very active, because my fingers swell up and then the rings don't fit.  Maybe he has the same problem. 

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 04:01:39 PM »
A lot of guys seem to stop wearing them after being married for years. My Dad always wore his though for my mom.

Offline TheFly

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009, 06:42:50 AM »
He might not wear it at concerts because of when he goes into the audience - fear of someone pulling it off. That habit might have crossed over to interviews, photoshoots and the like.

Offline THEGREATROBYNIE

• Babyface
  • Ali's one lucky lady, and Bono's one lucky guy!
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 12:02:08 AM »
Ive noticed it too...but Ive also noticed the ring on his pinkie right next to where his wedding ring should be...he wears it ALL the time...maybe she got the ring too small  :D :D :D
Maybe his finger got bigger, and he never got in re-sized.  I do believe that,the ring he wears on his pinkie is his wedding ring.  Have you noticed though that Ali doesn't wear a ring either.   Maybe when she got pregnant, her finger got  bigger and never got her rings re-sized either.  What is a wedding ring anyway?  I didn't wear one for the first 12 years of my marriage, and neither did my husband.  Although we did exchange rings at the wedding, we would take them off when we were doing something we couldn't wear them at i.e my job, we couldn't wear any rings there, as they where afraid that it would get stuck in a machine, and take our finger with it.  And at my husbands job too.  They just didn't like any jewelry at all on the employees.  We've been married for 20+ years, and now we can wear our rings and do, but Bono, and Ali have such a strong relationship, and everybody knows they are married, and most now for how long.  Isn't it 27 years?  I have never once come across any article where it has stated that Bono ever cheated on Ali, and visaversa.  They are not only husband and wife, but best friends who trust each other.  Without trust a marriage simply does not work.  For it doesn't matter how much you love someone, if you don't trust your spouse, well that is the beginning of the end.  Take it from someone who has been there.  I was married to a man previously, and didn't trust him as far as I could throw him, and one night he came home with hickeys all over his neck, and tried to get me to believe that I put them there.  How stupid did he think I was?  That was truly the beginning of the end.  Then after our divorce he told me the truth.  Like I didn't know it already.  He then moved back to his mommy in South Carolina, we lived in Milwaukee WI, and never seen his kids again until about 7 years ago, and that was only because we had to hunt him down for a signature( a long story) . My daughter told him flat out that she had a dad, and wouldn't call him dad, and my son wanted nothing to do with him.   Seeing that they were very close, and then he just disappeared out of his life, leaving my 5 year old son to tell me that he was moving back to SC.  Another long story.
So a ring doesn't mean a damn thing seeing that we both wore our rings all the time, and the marriage failed.  With the man I'm with now we didn't wear rings for the 1st 12 years or so, and the marriage is stronger than ever.  A ring doesn't mean very much nowadays, so who cares if the Hewsons' wear them or not.  I don't.  Listen to the song "A Man and a Women" off the HTDAAB CD, and you will understand how Bono feels about his commitment to his wife, and family.  And do you think for one minute that a strong woman like Ali would put up with a cheater?
God Bless,
Robyn

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2009, 03:48:15 PM »
Wow  :o  I think you said it all there Robyn!  ;)

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 11:41:14 PM »
That's a lot to read.

I often take off my wedding ring when I cook/work in the yard, etc. If I don't remember to put it back on it will stay in my jewelry box for days at a time. I'm not wearing it right now. I'm still married though.  ;)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009, 11:43:39 PM »
Sometimes it just doesn't fit on my finger! >:(  (Must avoid salty foods!)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 08:04:23 AM »
I am trying to get my guy to tie the knot. We've only known each other 30 years (dated at teenagers & rehooked up two years ago). And after that wedding I went to this past weekend with no U2 music, mine will have a lot of U2 because its my day, right girls?