Author Topic: At what time should I attend the concert? GA tickets!  (Read 3877 times)

Offline polyester shirt

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I'm content with who I am.
At what time should I attend the concert? GA tickets!
« on: May 06, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »
I have 2 GA tickets for the Rose Bowl, Pasadena, CA, concert. At what time should I arrive at the concert to guarantee front row seats? Some sites said 1 hour and 30 minutes, is that accurate?  ???
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 09:17:24 PM by polyester shirt »

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Re: At what time should I attend the concert? GA tickets!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:35:28 AM »
It all depends on the area and how the venue will operate. There is no certain time you have to be there but I suggest getingt there at the maximum time of 1hr before the event.

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 02:54:11 AM »
I would say if you wanted to be at the front 2-3 hours because in my experience people have gone there then and others have camped ot all night! but if you are not that bothered by where you are I would say and hour like Nielsen said!  ;)

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 06:36:09 AM »
1:36pm

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 07:33:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
LOL

What about GA lawn? (see attached pic)  I have "seats" (stands?) at the far side of Scott stadium and want to get a good spot, but I don't see people really fighting to be 15 feet closer to Bono, who is across the field.  I am guessing an hour early or less.  Even if I am at the back of the section, that isn't that far.

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »
are you saying you aren't there already?

uh oh

-dan

I have 2 GA tickets for the Rose Bowl, Pasadena, CA, concert. At what time should I arrive at the concert to guarantee front row seats? Some sites said 1 hour and 30 minutes, is that accurate?  ???

countrygirl

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:52:15 PM »
LOL

What about GA lawn? (see attached pic)  I have "seats" (stands?) at the far side of Scott stadium and want to get a good spot, but I don't see people really fighting to be 15 feet closer to Bono, who is across the field.  I am guessing an hour early or less.  Even if I am at the back of the section, that isn't that far.

hey, I'll be there..........all the way on the other end of the stadium.  I got seats behind the stage. 

I'll wave to you.

Offline polyester shirt

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 06:06:17 PM »
are you saying you aren't there already?

uh oh

-dan

lol could you imagine?  :D
Oh wait, you're serious aren't you?  :o

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 07:38:27 PM »
It's a good point. I guarantee that if you head there now you will be #1 in the line.

Guarantee.

Seriously though? 90 mins early... won't get you on the rail. Zero chance.

Offline polyester shirt

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 08:06:34 PM »
It's a good point. I guarantee that if you head there now you will be #1 in the line.

Guarantee.

Then what's your inference? When should I get there? If you're response is bring a sleeping bag and some toilet paper, you're absolutely insane!  :o

Offline polyester shirt

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 08:16:47 PM »

Guarantee.

I just realized... 90 minutes is totally adequate because the stage is set up in a circular fashion with no sides blocked off, and as a result, creates a lot more rail space.

Jenious... I mean genius*  8)

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 08:24:11 PM »

Guarantee.

Then what's your inference? When should I get there? If you're response is bring a sleeping bag and some toilet paper, you're absolutely insane!  :o

If you want the front row, you better be camping in the parking lot the night before.

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 10:12:01 PM »
OK. As you were. 90 minutes is perfectly sufficient. In fact, probably go by the time printed on your ticket.

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 10:23:22 PM »

Guarantee.

I just realized... 90 minutes is totally adequate because the stage is set up in a circular fashion with no sides blocked off, and as a result, creates a lot more rail space.

Jenious... I mean genius*  8)

The rail is actually quite short. Red Zone takes up 2/3 of it on the sides. I did some figuring and came up with about 80 feet of outside rail per each section. That would be one section for RedZone 1 and 2, and one for the GA section outside the ellipse. Camping out seems a reasonable idea if you really HAVE to get in front.
If any geometry whizzes can get a better number, I'd be thrilled!

Birdlover

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 01:25:46 AM »

The rail is actually quite short. Red Zone takes up 2/3 of it on the sides. I did some figuring and came up with about 80 feet of outside rail per each section. That would be one section for RedZone 1 and 2, and one for the GA section outside the ellipse. Camping out seems a reasonable idea if you really HAVE to get in front.
If any geometry whizzes can get a better number, I'd be thrilled!

Birdlover

The Bases of the Claw are actually set out in a rectangle, not a square. So the length of the GA rail is actually a fair bit longer than that for each RED Zone. So the 2/3 Red Zone rail, 1/3 GA rail analogy isn't too accurate.

Some of the diagrams from 360.u2.com actually contain the outline of a football field. Here's the image for the Rose Bowl.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The GA rail nearly reaches the sidelines. Extrapolating the rail out to a straight line, it would be as wide as the field. An NFL field is 160 feet wide or just under 55 yards.

The GA rail looks big to me, a fair bit bigger than the Vertigo outdoor shows. I think an morning arrival (say before 10) should get you on in the Crab Shack, or on the GA rail. I suppose it depends on the venue, whether it's a weekend & whether there's a lottery. Too be safe i'll be arriving early morning, or camping out. If the weather's being cooperative waiting in GA lines for U2 concerts is fun  ;D