Author Topic: Wembley Shows  (Read 5936 times)

daveyg

Re: Wembley Shows
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2009, 05:48:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So you're gonna have a party at my home and I'm not invited. Now that makes a lot of sense (!)

we will just party in front of you so you go green with envy!  :P

we'll invite you only, like, you'd be at the gig. Come along affterwards but you've to bring your own booze.

Does a glass of orange juice count as booze :P ?

naw you need to bring a bottle/carton of OJ. And a bottle of booze booze for me.

Offline Hohat

• Babyface
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 03:34:50 AM »
hi,
I received this email from ticketmaster:

Dear Ticketmaster Customer,

This is a courtesy email from Ticketmaster regarding your purchase of tickets for the U2 event that is due to take place at Wembley Stadium.

Your tickets will be dispatched closer to the event date.

Whilst Ticketmaster aims to dispatch tickets as soon as possible we are not able to be specific with exact dates of dispatch. Please allow as much time as possible for your tickets to arrive. If your tickets have not arrived five days before the show, or if you are travelling, five days before you leave, please contact us. Please include your reference number and the name and postcode the booking is under. Ticketmaster only posts tickets to the billing address of a credit card. If the address in your booking does not correspond to that held by your credit card company, we may cancel your tickets.

Thank you for using Ticketmaster!

did they send this email to everyone? or just to who live outside UK?
when booking I chosen fedex dispatch to europe... but really they send the tickets 5 days before the show? usually a courier takes 3-4 days to deliver an item from UK, so I have to book the flight only 1 day before the show and I risk to not receive the tickets... how is it possible? is it for wembley only? I have plan to leave italy 3 day before the show... what I have to do? when I do "contact us" there is no email or telephone number... any help?
thanks  ;)

I got this email too, and I live in London. I have no idea what it really means either...

Offline ciaz

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2009, 07:02:03 AM »
First post!

Also attending Wembley on the 14th. Looking forward to it!

Long time fan, but first time seeing them live. Here is hoping they reel out some classics!

Offline dolfos

• Babyface
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2009, 08:05:55 AM »
Im going on the 14th with 5 friends. I saw them 4 years ago in Cardiff which was amazing. I'm a bit worried this wont match that, as that gig was under a closed roof which kept the noise in and added to the atmosphere. I have been to Wembley a couple of times since the new one opened and I'm not really impressed with it. The problem with it is that it is too big, a capacity of 90,00 is crazy and even when its full of football fans the place feels flat and lacking in atmosphere. But enough of the negativity as long as they play a few classic tunes I'll be happy.

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »

The Welsh are a fair bit noisier than the English in general, and having the roof closed at the Vertigo show in Cardiff made it seem even louder. Does Wembley have a roof? I think it may do.

Offline jayb77

• Wanderer
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2009, 02:17:19 PM »
 wembleys roof only covers the seating but i saw the foo fighters there last year and it was a fantastic concert. and the foos had a stage set that was in the round.

check out my footage from the gig and it will give you an idea of what it will be like.

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2009, 02:59:03 PM »

Nice vid. How long did you queue to get to the front?

Offline jayb77

• Wanderer
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »
it was a bit off a mess, as they let people who had seating tickets get onto the pitch and it was rammed in front of the stage but where we stood it was quiet empty and was quiet easy to get to.
but i think this area will the red zone, if you look at the seating map. plus i think it will be a bit better organized for u2.