Author Topic: Wembley Shows  (Read 5909 times)

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
Re: Wembley Shows
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 08:10:45 AM »
Those of you going on the 15th: want to try to meet up?

Offline Achtung Andy

• Wanderer
  • Slight Of Hand And Twist Of Fate...
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 08:11:28 AM »
I'm there on the 14th. But i'm torturing myself already deciding on whether to get the train or drive. If i drive the problem is parking (anyone know where i can park?) If i get the train i risk missing the last one like i did at Twickenham last time (worth it though  ;) )

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 09:11:32 AM »

I'll be at both too. All back to my gaff in Hoxton for the party afterwards :)

Offline tacoisahotburito

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 09:53:55 AM »
I'm going to Wembley! But I have some trouble with the tickets. Will they send me them?
In a email they wrote:
Tickets being held at the Box Office can only be retrieved by the card holder with the original credit card used for this purchase. Please also bring your booking confirmation number.
I ordered them with my U2.com membership.
Can anybody help me?

"From what I heard, you have to go to the box office and collect them while having the confirmation number in your possesion"
Is that at the stadium? Can I do that just before the show?

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 12:34:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm there on the 14th. But i'm torturing myself already deciding on whether to get the train or drive. If i drive the problem is parking (anyone know where i can park?) If i get the train i risk missing the last one like i did at Twickenham last time (worth it though  ;) )

Really? you must have been right behind me! because I got on the last one! they just packed everyone on them like Sardines! you where probably better off LOL

Offline Hohat

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 05:00:43 AM »

Over the years, I've tried multiple ways of getting to/from Wembley for concerts. The options:

1. Car all the way: You could book parking at the Wembley Stadium car park (and there are other, unofficial car parks nearby too) - but this is likely to be very expensive, and potentially quite traumatic (I remember waiting over an hour to get out of the car park during the Zooropa tour in 1993!). You won't be able to park on the residential roads on Stadium event days, as the parking restrictions rule this out

2. Public transport all the way: Wembley Park station (Jubilee/Metropolitan line) is very close to the stadium, as is Wembley Central. Getting on the tube at these stations shouldn't be as problematic as the train from Twickenham - as the tube trains are more frequent, and do run until quite late (and I expect there will be a strict curfew at Wembley Stadium - such that the concert will finish before 11pm, which is at least an hour before the tubes stop running)

3. Hybrid approach: This is my preferred approach. Drive to one of the stations a few stations along from Wembley Park (or Wembley Central), and park the car there before getting on the tube for a short tube journey. I would suggest parking at a station north of Wembley - as there are fewer stops, and so the trains heading north after the concert should be less busy. I used to live near Canons Park station on the Jubilee Line, and that's a pretty good place to park - it's possible to park right by the station, and there are lots of residential roads with very limited parking restrictions (there are yellow lines, but they tend to only be restricted for an hour during the working day so as to prevent commuters from clogging up the road). There is also a car park at the station, which is pretty cheap - but you shouldn't have to use that.

Anyway, I will certainly be going with Option 3...

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 05:52:07 AM »
I am going on the 14th. Really looking forward to it. The size of the stage has made me even more excited.

Mal

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »
I have had very good advice about getting from Heathrow to Wembley, but I have to confess that I am nervous about getting back.  Will it be safe for an American girl traveling solo to hail a cab post-U2, or should I follow the herd to take the tube back to the airport?

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 04:12:32 PM »
Stick with pbulic transport where you are in a big crowd - London can get very rough if you're not careful.

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 01:11:15 AM »
Stick with pbulic transport where you are in a big crowd - London can get very rough if you're not careful.

I agree! its like I have said before - take a machete!

daveyg

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 01:47:14 AM »
I'd love to be going to Wembly! Next time round, I must see if I can do a ticket swap - - someone here remind me about this four years down the line! :)

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 03:27:23 AM »
I'd love to be going to Wembly! Next time round, I must see if I can do a ticket swap - - someone here remind me about this four years down the line! :)

I'll do a swap! my toilet seats for your GA?  ;D

daveyg

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 03:30:53 AM »
hahaha - nope Im afraid! My Dublin GA tickets are just fine hidden away in my bedroom!! lol Failing Bono personally hiring me as a roadie (naw, make that Adam) and I wouldn't need my Dublin ticket, at which stage Id be happy to give you my GA ticket, you'll have to wait till the next tour when I have a spare ticket to swap! :)

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 03:47:43 AM »
haha okay then I will settle for that!

I still havent got my tickets!  :D

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 11:49:34 AM »
Click your mouse if you hate Ticketmaster's policy!