Author Topic: u2 360 stage entry  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Scotty

• Refugee
  • listen for me I'll be shouting
Re: u2 360 stage entry
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 05:23:12 AM »
I am 5ft 2 and when I stood next to him (see profile picture)  he was not that much taller than me!

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 06:23:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I believe he is 5'5 ft tall or 5'6

Makes me Manute Bol

mariamontreal

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 07:29:32 AM »
Did he have his lifts on ? I have read with his special shoes he is 5'5 aprrox he does look taller than you in the picture and then again the picture is not very good . Look if you are 5'2 well so be it , all I am saying is I read and have heard with his lifts on he is 5'5. Without them I do not know . I am 5'5 so maybe if I met him and he had his special lifts in his shoes or whatever they are, he would be my height . No matter which way you look at it he's short . Period.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:32:33 AM by mariamontreal »

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 08:21:36 AM »
I was just blown away how they started the elevation tour. With arena  lights on, and at that one moment in Elevation, lights went out and spotlights on our boys.  The arena just exploded. 

They need to come up with something like that.  The sheet idea on another thread sounds like a possibility.  They set a high standard with Elevation Tour.

The Grateful Dead, after a long break from 1974 to 1976, had their first show at the Orpheum in San Francisco.  They had a big organ on the stage that lifted up, while Rick Wakeman played heavy organ music.  The Dead had monk robes on and walked down the center aisle of the theater onto the stage.  That was awesome also.

The Stones usually start with an explosion with keith rushing on with a narly strum.  That has always worked for them.

Starting the show with intensity or surprise is important.  They kind of missed that during the last tour.

daveyg

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 08:34:09 AM »
Did he have his lifts on ? I have read with his special shoes he is 5'5 aprrox he does look taller than you in the picture and then again the picture is not very good . Look if you are 5'2 well so be it , all I am saying is I read and have heard with his lifts on he is 5'5. Without them I do not know . I am 5'5 so maybe if I met him and he had his special lifts in his shoes or whatever they are, he would be my height . No matter which way you look at it he's short . Period.

Yeh, he's about 5'5/5'6 with his shoes on at most.

I wa shoping they'd jetpack in but I think there's a back stage thingy that comes out to the stage proper that the band will  use. Like a more extravagent Elevation tour entrance thingy

countrygirl

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 08:57:47 AM »
I didn't realize bono was only 5'5 or 5'6.  I am 5'6 so that would put me at eye level with him.  I like it!!!!!! :-*

daveyg

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 09:06:43 AM »
I didn't realize bono was only 5'5 or 5'6.  I am 5'6 so that would put me at eye level with him.  I like it!!!!!! :-*

And that's with his shoes on!