Author Topic: time differences  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Immy1992

• Elevated
  • oh sugar, don't you cry
time differences
« on: May 11, 2009, 10:33:53 AM »
the time diference on this forum is really confusing me. are you ahead or behind the UK? I feel really stupid asking this, but oh well  :P

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: time differences
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 11:05:57 AM »
Hi Immy.  I am not sure who you are directing your question to. I am guessing it is our @U2 administrator, m2. Both he and a number of the @U2 staff are on the West coast USA. The time on the forum is West coast Eastern Daylight Time (for spring & summer).  I am East coast USA. You are  either 5 or 6 hours ahead of me so that makes you 8 or 9 hours ahead of(later than) m2's time. I hope I did not confuse you any further! Don't feel stupid about asking that. I am quite sure many people have been confused over all these time zones!!

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Re: time differences
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 11:47:55 AM »
You can change this to match your location. Click on PROFILE at the top, then in the left column click on "Look and Layout Preferences." The 2nd or 3rd thing down should say something like "Time Offset" which will let you tell the forum how many hours different you are. I think there's even an auto-detect thing you can click for help.

Use this so that the forum shows your local time, not ours.