Author Topic: U2 & Britney Spears  (Read 2863 times)

Offline RobBankRobber

• Refugee
  • I kissed your lips and broke your heart.
U2 & Britney Spears
« on: May 12, 2009, 12:59:15 PM »

Britney Spears' current stage setup.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Looks a bit '360' doesn't it?

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: U2 & Britney Spears
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 01:06:27 PM »
It sure does!

Offline RobBankRobber

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 01:16:48 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Another shot, with the video screens present.

Looks a lot like what U2 is planning.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:56:37 PM by RobBankrobber »

Offline FishLips

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 01:18:17 PM »
Well, there's nothing new about being 'in-the-round'.  And after seeing the first pictures from the stage build, my guess is U2360 will look nothing like Britney's stage.

It looks like Britney's stage designers did a good job of making the arena show feel a little more intimate.  There doesn't appear to be a bad seat in the house.

Offline RobBankRobber

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 01:29:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well, there's nothing new about being 'in-the-round'.  And after seeing the first pictures from the stage build, my guess is U2360 will look nothing like Britney's stage.

It looks like Britney's stage designers did a good job of making the arena show feel a little more intimate.  There doesn't appear to be a bad seat in the house.

Yeah that is true. The 2nd picture looks a lot like the stage/video screen from the 360 site though. Maybe offering some insight to what we might see.

Offline FishLips

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 02:49:12 PM »
You're right, those screens do look awfully close to what we've seen in the U2360 images.  It's amazing how far video screen technology has come since the mid-90's ... the PopMart screen almost looks quaint.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 03:05:07 PM »
Good but this is an arena - it's no longer impossible to make a 360 stage.

Anywho, the actual must be crap considering the fact that Britney mimes :P

Offline Immy1992

• Elevated
  • oh sugar, don't you cry
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 05:02:16 PM »

It looks like Britney's stage designers did a good job of making the arena show feel a little more intimate.  There doesn't appear to be a bad seat in the house.

If so many people have such a good view, lets all nothing goes wrong infront of everyone :P *sniggers*

Offline u290sbaby

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 11:36:32 AM »
This looks more like the Vertigo indoors stage set up, with the exception of the in the round screens.

I've said it before and will say it again, U2360 stage is pretty much the same as the Vertigo indoor stage except in a much, much larger scale. Of course, we'll also get the huge circular catwalk during the new stadium tour along with the circular LCD screens.

The Britney stage set up picture is a good example of what the circular LCD screens will look like. Nice.

hurricane hugo

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 11:37:42 AM »

Britney Spears' current stage setup.

Looks a bit '360' doesn't it?

Looks more like Peter Gabriel's Us tour ('92-'93) stage.

#@!

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 04:42:14 PM »
Disappointing thread.

I thought this thread would be about their upcoming collaboration 'Baby, Please Come Home One More Time'.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 08:18:35 PM »
Disappointing thread.

I thought this thread would be about their upcoming collaboration 'Baby, Please Come Home One More Time'.

I was thinking more

....SHOULD NEVER BE MENTIONED IN THE SAME SENTENCE...

:D :D :D

Mysterious Ways

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 10:28:28 PM »
Disappointing thread.

I was thinking more

....SHOULD NEVER BE MENTIONED IN THE SAME SENTENCE...

:D :D :D

Aw crap! I was just about to say that!

I heard that Britney's tour is sponsored by Virgin Mobile. I hope they don't make it too obvious.

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 09:36:42 AM »
This looks more like the Vertigo indoors stage set up, with the exception of the in the round screens.

I've said it before and will say it again, U2360 stage is pretty much the same as the Vertigo indoor stage except in a much, much larger scale. Of course, we'll also get the huge circular catwalk during the new stadium tour along with the circular LCD screens.

The Britney stage set up picture is a good example of what the circular LCD screens will look like. Nice.

Actually U2360 looks like it should've been the real stage for the Vertigo stadium shows.