Author Topic: When will the setlist be released?  (Read 1638 times)

shockdocta22

When will the setlist be released?
« on: May 12, 2009, 06:24:56 PM »
Anyone know when?

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: When will the setlist be released?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 10:16:26 PM »
Hmmm, I'd be thinking about 11pm, European time, on the 30th June, no?

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 11:10:40 PM »
There will be stories out about what the band were rehearsing in the days leading up to opening night. They'll probably practice 40-50 songs and then rotate about 30 through the set list.

No official set list will be released. Fans will report from the show or home whatever was played on each night.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 08:18:22 AM »
Seriously... what band has ever 'released' a setlist prior to a gig...

OK, to answer my own question, I know blur did it with their greatest hits release.

But really...

Offline u290sbaby

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »
There is never a set list release with U2. You and everyone else will just know at the end of the opening concert.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 01:28:04 PM »
Releasing setlists is another great way to make money!

OUT ON THE 28TH JUNE: THE U2 SETLIST; ONLY $5!

:P

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 05:06:38 PM »
You'd be surprised how many people email @U2 and U2tours.com with this same question. Must be some bands that announce their setlists in advance.

And to correct the above information ... you'll hopefully get the setlist live as it happens on the 30th. I'm certain fans will be texting and Twittering each song, and we'll be reporting it live as it happens. We might do that here in the forum, or maybe on the home page. Depends on a few things out of our control.

Anyone remember opening night of Vertigo? Biggest single day of traffic I think we've ever had. Updates for each song posted right on the home page, and the world brought our site to its knees. Fun!

shockdocta22

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 07:42:58 PM »
sorry for the stupid question guys...new to this stuff :-[

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 08:17:54 PM »
YAY... I can't wait.

And the Chicago gang will have various mobile devices to provide updates from North America UNO as well ;)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 01:03:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
sorry for the stupid question guys...new to this stuff :-[

No need to apologize, shock....

Offline TheFly

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 06:38:23 AM »
After each show they play

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 07:00:09 AM »
Anyone know when?

Goto this link July 1 -

There my friend...There you will begin to find the answers you seek....

Offline Dream Out Loud

• Child of Grace
  • I'm Wide Awake....I'm Not Sleeping
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 08:23:10 AM »
You'd be surprised how many people email @U2 and U2tours.com with this same question. Must be some bands that announce their setlists in advance.

And to correct the above information ... you'll hopefully get the setlist live as it happens on the 30th. I'm certain fans will be texting and Twittering each song, and we'll be reporting it live as it happens. We might do that here in the forum, or maybe on the home page. Depends on a few things out of our control.

Anyone remember opening night of Vertigo? Biggest single day of traffic I think we've ever had. Updates for each song posted right on the home page, and the world brought our site to its knees. Fun!

Matt,

The Springsteen website You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login has a forum and during every show there is an "Official <name of city> SETLIST Vision" thread where people post anything and everything about the show as it happens.  I really hope we can set something up here on @U2 as well.  It's fun to follow along.  The official setlist will be added later to the website (not in the forum) but following along as it happens is certainly fun for those not at the show.

it would also be great if there was an official setlist section at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  i realize it exists elsewhere (u2tours, u2start) but I like one-stop shopping.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 08:34:38 AM »

Your creepy attitude makes me wonder what you are really like as a boss - especially if you hire us, then do something wrong and give us a very disturbing talk that ends with "whooo" or "Whee" or "ehhhh" etc etc  :D

I'll ask SG what she makes of you  ;) ;D

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 08:55:44 AM »
m2 I remember that night well, opening night for Vertigo was much anticipated. 

Anyways, I wouldn't get too excited if you hear them rehearsing certain songs in the next few weeks.  U2 has been known to rehearse something that day and not play it at all.