Author Topic: Protesting at a U2 gig?  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
Protesting at a U2 gig?
« on: May 15, 2009, 09:26:04 AM »
Did anyone encounter those protestors at the Vertigo shows?  They kept saying if we go inside and listen to some rock and roll that we're going to hell.  What was up with those guys?

mariamontreal

Re: Protesting at a U2 gig?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 11:25:30 AM »
Idiots!

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 12:19:38 PM »
It was one guy he had a bull horn and a sign.  He was saying stuff like "U2 are the devil".   The drunk girl in front of us was arguing with him, it was hilarious.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 12:57:45 PM by Evil Bono »

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 12:46:13 PM »
Extremist idiots.

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 01:17:27 PM »
In Boston, the same nut protests outside every concert, regardless of the type of music!

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 06:49:41 AM »
Please everyone, write to Amnesty International to stop the Black Eyed Peas performing on the west coast.

countrygirl

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 02:30:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did anyone encounter those protestors at the Vertigo shows?  They kept saying if we go inside and listen to some rock and roll that we're going to hell.  What was up with those guys?

Did they show up at more than one vertigo show? 

Seems like there are protesters everywhere, for every reason!!  Some people just need to lighten up and have a good time.

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 08:29:31 PM »
I LOVE when those folks show up. They can be quite entertaining.

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 12:15:47 AM »
Please everyone, write to Amnesty International to stop the Black Eyed Peas performing on the west coast.

What's so wrong with the Black Eyed Peas from performing?  I for one will not write to them just because a few people don't agree with the opening act.   They're just an opening act, not part of the show.  If you don't like it show up later or go have a beer.  I wasn't to thrilled when hearing about the Kings of Leon but after hearing them live, I enjoyed it. 

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 12:19:59 AM »

Seems like there are protesters everywhere, for every reason!!  Some people just need to lighten up and have a good time.

I know the protestors where at several shows from what I read.  What was interesting about that guy was that he said we would go to hell and rock and roll is evil, I don't think he even listened to U2.  He got everyone riled up especially the girl in front of me.  I was like how can this guy declare U2 evil especially with a song called Where The Streets Have No Name.  They even go to wrestling events and protest.

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 05:52:10 AM »

This is one cause I will not only fight for, but I will die for as well.

countrygirl

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 06:11:26 AM »

e protestors where at several shows from what I read.  What was interesting about that guy was that he said we would go to hell and rock and roll is evil, I don't think he even listened to U2.  He got everyone riled up especially the girl in front of me.  I was like how can this guy declare U2 evil especially with a song called Where The Streets Have No Name.  They even go to wrestling events and protest.

These people make me crazy!!!  Wonder What they think of "yeweh" or "40", or "magnifient", clearly they have not listened to any of u2's songs that are praising the very God that they think will send us all to hell!! 

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
  • ^^rock n roll perfection^^
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 08:36:30 AM »
Well, if seeing U2 live sends me to hell.....put me in the fast lane!

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
  • U2, Peter Gabriel, and Genesis shall dominate
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 10:00:27 PM »
These people can be quiet entertaining. They really should considering listening to U2. I think they would actually like their lyrics. It would be interesting to see if these people pop up at any of the shows this tour.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 11:26:05 PM »

What's so wrong with the Black Eyed Peas from performing?  I for one will not write to them just because a few people don't agree with the opening act.   They're just an opening act, not part of the show.  If you don't like it show up later or go have a beer.  I wasn't to thrilled when hearing about the Kings of Leon but after hearing them live, I enjoyed it. 

Actually, let me PM you a sense of humour.  ::)