Author Topic: U2 shirt at Walmart!  (Read 36396 times)

joegtheog

Re: U2 shirt at Walmart!
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2009, 08:38:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'd love to have this shirt. Alas, the WalMart were I live is (as monolithic, soulless supermarkets go) extremely uncultured and has nothing close to this shirt in the Men's department. If someone can help me out, I'd be up for working out some type of way wherein I could pay you back for your trouble.

A pox on thee, Walmart.

A plague on all your monolithic, soulless houses, Sam Walton!!!! Of course I say this after I got my shirt.  :-\

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2009, 08:51:53 PM »
The local Walmarts here haven't had it yet, either.

That means another trip there.  *shudders*

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2009, 10:43:32 PM »
The Vegas Walmart I ran into to get supplies for me J Tree trip had them....
I ran in screaming and ran out screaming lol

zip

« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2009, 05:13:16 AM »
The Johnny Cash is in black, too bad they didn't have black for U2, slimming effect, you know.  :-[

THEY HAVE A JC ONE TOO !!!! ? sheesh ! sounds like another trp in.......I was so focused the other day to get the U2 one I didn't even poke through the rest........

Hey zip!! yup! it seems there might be two different kinds of JC!

AND BOTH ORIGINALS !!!!!

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2009, 05:41:19 AM »
Hey Davey- I was just reading that Walmart operates as Asda in the UK-- if you have one of those, maybe they have the shirt.

Like someone else said-- I wish they were selling these at Target instead. I rarely shop at Walmart. Guess I will not be purchasing this shirt. Target is cleaner and has a better track record on employee relations.  The following story is one that has really stuck with me in regards to Walmart. 

"Brain-damaged woman at center of Wal-Mart suit." ... "[Debbie]  Shank suffered severe brain damage after a traffic accident nearly eight years ago that robbed her of much of her short-term memory and left her in a wheelchair and living in a nursing home." ... "It was the beginning of a series of battles -- both personal and legal -- that loomed for Shank and her family. One of their biggest was with Wal-Mart's health plan." ... "Eight years ago, Shank was stocking shelves for the retail giant and signed up for Wal-Mart's health and benefits plan." ... "Two years after the accident, Shank and her husband, Jim, were awarded about $1 million in a lawsuit against the trucking company involved in the crash. After legal fees were paid, $417,000 was placed in a trust to pay for Debbie Shank's long-term care." ... "Wal-Mart had paid out about $470,000 for Shank's medical expenses and later sued for the same amount. However, the court ruled it can only recoup what is left in the family's trust." ... "The Shanks didn't notice in the fine print of Wal-Mart's health plan policy that the company has the right to recoup medical expenses if an employee collects damages in a lawsuit." ... "In 2007, the retail giant reported net sales in the third quarter of $90 billion." -CNN 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 05:44:15 AM by whitewave »

daveyg

« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2009, 05:51:12 AM »
Hey Davey- I was just reading that Walmart operates as Asda in the UK-- if you have one of those, maybe they have the shirt.

sniffle. No - No Asda's in Ireland! :( Although I might get soem of my British relatives to get me one. Or even pop over to the UK to pick one up.

Offline Niterpi

• Stateless
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2009, 06:13:08 AM »

"Brain-damaged woman at center of Wal-Mart suit." ... "[Debbie]  Shank suffered severe brain damage after a traffic accident nearly eight years ago that robbed her of much of her short-term memory and left her in a wheelchair and living in a nursing home." ... "It was the beginning of a series of battles -- both personal and legal -- that loomed for Shank and her family. One of their biggest was with Wal-Mart's health plan." ... "Eight years ago, Shank was stocking shelves for the retail giant and signed up for Wal-Mart's health and benefits plan." ... "Two years after the accident, Shank and her husband, Jim, were awarded about $1 million in a lawsuit against the trucking company involved in the crash. After legal fees were paid, $417,000 was placed in a trust to pay for Debbie Shank's long-term care." ... "Wal-Mart had paid out about $470,000 for Shank's medical expenses and later sued for the same amount. However, the court ruled it can only recoup what is left in the family's trust." ... "The Shanks didn't notice in the fine print of Wal-Mart's health plan policy that the company has the right to recoup medical expenses if an employee collects damages in a lawsuit." ... "In 2007, the retail giant reported net sales in the third quarter of $90 billion." -CNN 

what a horrible story, but not incredibly surprising - walmart has ALWAYS been despicable.

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2009, 09:18:12 AM »

what a horrible story, but not incredibly surprising - walmart has ALWAYS been despicable.

*nods head*

*but is a hipocrite because stepped into walmart to purchase U2 shirt*

*but that is all I purchased*

zip

« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2009, 10:16:49 AM »
If we were to pour over the dirty laundry of most retail giants you would be shocked at what goes on , not only with the associates but the countries where most things are made these days (far east)  it's all about decidin how much hypocrisy you can live with as well as afford........we live in a fallen world but we are the lights that can light our little part of it....oops sorry didn't mean to get preachy......

Offline highway190

• Refugee
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2009, 10:42:41 AM »
But, Walmart did this crap for years, acting like they were doing nothing wrong when they got called out on it. Rule Number 1. Stay far away from any corporation operated by Ultra Right Wing Conservative Christians who pays women less and force employees to work off the clock. Granted,  other companies do shady stuff, but Walmart is the ultimate piece of crap. Personally, if they failed for some reason during the economic down-turn. I would drive to Arkansas myself to laugh at the executives.

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
  • U2, Peter Gabriel, and Genesis shall dominate
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2009, 11:22:28 AM »
But, Walmart did this crap for years, acting like they were doing nothing wrong when they got called out on it. Rule Number 1. Stay far away from any corporation operated by Ultra Right Wing Conservative Christians who pays women less and force employees to work off the clock. Granted,  other companies do shady stuff, but Walmart is the ultimate piece of crap. Personally, if they failed for some reason during the economic down-turn. I would drive to Arkansas myself to laugh at the executives.

I agree with both of you. Stupid corporation.

Offline highway190

• Refugee
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2009, 11:40:58 AM »

Reminds me of one time when I went into Walmart with a friend of mine who is an attorney, we went in simply to  annoy the management.
Manager: "Can I help you?"
My friend: "Yes you can sir! How much less do you pay women at this particular Walmart as compared to the others?!"
The manager had this crazy look of shock, that TWO MALES were asking this question...in the middle of his morning staff meeting (which was being held in the aisle).
As we walked away I said "You know you can sue them right, ladies?"
Then we left.  :D

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
  • U2, Peter Gabriel, and Genesis shall dominate
« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2009, 11:59:25 AM »

Reminds me of one time when I went into Walmart with a friend of mine who is an attorney, we went in simply to  annoy the management.
Manager: "Can I help you?"
My friend: "Yes you can sir! How much less do you pay women at this particular Walmart as compared to the others?!"
The manager had this crazy look of shock, that TWO MALES were asking this question...in the middle of his morning staff meeting (which was being held in the aisle).
As we walked away I said "You know you can sue them right, ladies?"
Then we left.  :D

*high five*!

zip

« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2009, 05:32:21 AM »

please replace with "religious types"  bein a believer I object to bein lumped in with these folks that are lost in their religion and have no concept of of the realtionship that Christ asks for. As for "wally world" if someone could create a store where those in financial hardship could shop and where the workers arer paid a fair wage than that would be a succesful store in deed !!!

Offline Niterpi

• Stateless
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2009, 05:48:23 AM »
what really bothers me about walmart is that they will put one of those super-stores anywhere and totally choke out the mom and pop stores that have been around for 50 years.  in some small towns everything is gone - except walmart.  it is very sad.  if, or should i say when, walmart fails the people in those kind of towns will be screwed.