Author Topic: U2 shirt at Walmart!  (Read 36804 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: U2 shirt at Walmart!
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2009, 07:35:38 PM »
 8) Cool birdlover! My son would love a Johnny Cash one! I am getting the U2 one :D.

joegtheog

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2009, 07:47:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am getting the U2 one :D.

Now THAT'S a shock!  :)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2009, 07:50:53 PM »
I am getting the U2 one :D.

Now THAT'S a shock!  :)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2009, 07:53:17 PM »
The Johnny Cash is in black, too bad they didn't have black for U2, slimming effect, you know.  :-[

joegtheog

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2009, 07:55:12 PM »
The Johnny Cash is in black, too bad they didn't have black for U2, slimming effect, you know.  :-[

There were about 6 different styles where I was; one was Johnny Cash and I saw Led Zeppelin too.  But my eyes went right to the red.  :)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2009, 07:56:13 PM »

Hi Star!!   Yes, BLACK always BLACK!!!!!!   My closet looks like the midnight sky! :D

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2009, 10:47:48 PM »
ok is the Johnny Cash one everyone talking about the one of a close up of just his face? or the full body shot?  a friend of mine wants one of the Johnny Cash ones and asked me........I didn't see a Led Zepplin one?

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2009, 10:59:56 PM »
I don't know yet, I only saw the sticker for the Johnny Cash shirt. My friend up north said she's seen it and will pick me up one. When I get it I'll report back.

I was a HUGE Johnny Cash fan in high school and college-to the extent it was my nickname. Mind you, this was in 1972! It shocked my socks off when I heard Wanderer the first time. So I really have to get that shirt!

Birdlover

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2009, 11:35:54 PM »
I don't know yet, I only saw the sticker for the Johnny Cash shirt. My friend up north said she's seen it and will pick me up one. When I get it I'll report back.

I was a HUGE Johnny Cash fan in high school and college-to the extent it was my nickname. Mind you, this was in 1972! It shocked my socks off when I heard Wanderer the first time. So I really have to get that shirt!

Birdlover

Johnny Cash rocks, birdlover! It is so funny though to hear my 10 year old playing all his stuff! Most kids his age are not playing Ring of Fire!!! :D!

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2009, 01:11:55 AM »
I bet he's great! I got to see the Man in Black in concert 13 times in my teens. He was truly a major influence on my life. It's so nice to see he's still appreciated.

Birdlover

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2009, 09:17:29 AM »
OTH the Johnny Cash one is a close up of his face if I remember correctly, nicely done.

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2009, 09:19:19 AM »
OTH the Johnny Cash one is a close up of his face if I remember correctly, nicely done.

Thanks Star, I will let my friend know, that is the cover he wanted.

Offline pilgrimtogo

• Numb
  • ALL THE SECRETS, NO ONE TO TELL
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2009, 02:47:38 AM »
a friend in need is a friend in deed! I am in need to buy this t shirt! No walmart in cape town , sa, and no family in usa! Any suggestions? 

daveyg

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2009, 07:12:18 AM »
In Ireland we dont have Walmart at all, and I went shopping for a U2 t shirt this weekend. My supplies of U2 t shirts are from my teenage days in the 80s and are now being worn my my kids (they wouldnt fit me anyway!). Guess what? Not a single shop sold U2 t shirts! In Dublin of all places. Now unless there's some backstreet under the counter venue everyone else but me knows about, you can't buy a U2 t shirt in the shops in Dublin! They were everywhere way back when I was young! sigh

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2009, 09:38:46 AM »
In Ireland we dont have Walmart at all, and I went shopping for a U2 t shirt this weekend. My supplies of U2 t shirts are from my teenage days in the 80s and are now being worn my my kids (they wouldnt fit me anyway!). Guess what? Not a single shop sold U2 t shirts! In Dublin of all places. Now unless there's some backstreet under the counter venue everyone else but me knows about, you can't buy a U2 t shirt in the shops in Dublin! They were everywhere way back when I was young! sigh

Hi Davey!

trust me it is not such a bad thing not to have even one Walmart at all in Dublin!!

Sorry about the shirts, that stinks, you would think they would have something, I bet as the concert series gets closer and more tourists are coming over for the show there will be more for sale?

Did you try the internet? or here there are some actual "record shops" on the college campus that has some "vintage" stuff *sighs over the fact that her high school era is considered "vintage"*