Author Topic: U2 shirt at Walmart!  (Read 36559 times)

daveyg

Re: U2 shirt at Walmart!
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2009, 05:50:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
But, Walmart did this crap for years, acting like they were doing nothing wrong when they got called out on it. Rule Number 1. Stay far away from any corporation operated by Ultra Right Wing Conservative Christians who pays women less and force employees to work off the clock. Granted,  other companies do shady stuff, but Walmart is the ultimate piece of crap. Personally, if they failed for some reason during the economic down-turn. I would drive to Arkansas myself to laugh at the executives.
please replace with "religious types"  bein a believer I object to bein lumped in with these folks that are lost in their religion and have no concept of of the realtionship that Christ asks for. As for "wally world" if someone could create a store where those in financial hardship could shop and where the workers arer paid a fair wage than that would be a succesful store in deed !!!

I don't think that should have been read as offensive, or was intended as offensive, unless one would be descriving oneself as an "Ultra Right Wing Conservative Christian", which you don't appear to be - just a "regular" believer as such. The point, I believe was about the mindset of Ultra Right Wing Conservative Christians than Christians in general.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2009, 08:13:56 AM »
I understand why it may have bothered you zip. There are many conservative Christians who are kind hearted and generous people.  Unfortunately, that label has come to be known as a bad one because of the acts of  some (like the Walmart people).
It happens every where with every group of people. I just hope that people in general judge each person they meet as individuals and NOT merely as part of the group they are lumped into.  I will continue to believe that good will always triumph over evil!  Some will call me a dreamer I suppose. So be it.

Now back to that U2 Tee Shirt!!! ;D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 08:16:16 AM by StrongGirl »

zip

« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2009, 10:06:48 AM »
here here !!! the great wal mart debate is for either another thread or a totally different forum board

Offline Rock N Roll Girl

• Numb
  • Too much is not enough...
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2009, 10:36:20 PM »
Hi y'all, I'm a newbie here.

I couldn't find the shirt at my local Walmart either  :'(

If anyone has an extra RS coupon that they don't need, I'd love to get one.

Thanks!

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2009, 12:19:07 AM »
I haven't been to my Wal-Mart yet to check it out.

Offline Niterpi

• Stateless
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2009, 08:31:02 AM »
the thing about the Rolling Stone subscription that is great is that you don't even have to send a reciept or anything - just send in the card! 

that's trust - you could easily go in and just take a card without buying a shirt!

Offline Thehorsefly [whinny!]

• Desert Rose
  • Nobody gonna feel no pain,Nobody gonna cry someday
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2009, 01:56:28 AM »
     O       o ?!
        _____

Dang! I wanna find cool U2 shirts at Wally World... :'(

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2009, 07:23:30 PM »
I'm surprised U2 let this happen...a shirt for sale specifically at Walmart?! This is crazy. What is going on with U2's marketing?! It's like they hired someone that Chris Martin recommended with the intentions of infiltrating and sabotaging them.

They have had some of the worst marketing I've seen lately...weird decisions. Shame, as the album is outstanding.

Offline alex.found.pete.the.chop

• Refugee
  • ... in hell with a bottle of milk
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2009, 11:18:23 PM »
This proves my distaste for Walmart.  I wouldn't even buy a U2 shirt there.

Offline Niterpi

• Stateless
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2009, 06:02:56 AM »
i would and did

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2009, 08:17:26 AM »
LOL!  I took a look at this thread and thought "9 Pages?  It must be an amazing shirt..."

:D :D :D

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2009, 07:22:58 PM »
I got to wear mine to work today because it was causal day.  ;D ;D However, to my dismay.. no one told me how incredibly cool I was!!  >:(

By the way.. U2 didn't specifically market the shirt to Wal Mart.. the t-shirt is an old Rolling Stone magazine cover, just like the other ones.. There are several different ones.. I remember a Nirvana one?, Johnny Cash?, etc etc.. U2 probably barely knows about it, if they know about it at all, seeing how Rolling Stone owns the rights to the magazine cover picture.. so try not to say our boys are corporate pigs just yet. ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:34:37 PM by BeneathTheNoise »

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2009, 08:45:39 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure your right, BeneatheNoise.  The shirt had nothing to do with U2, and everything to do with Rolling Stone. 

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2009, 09:35:30 PM »
The shirt had nothing to do with U2, and everything to do with Rolling Stone. 

That's correct. U2 did not need to give approval for the shirt. The image belongs to Rolling Stone and they are free to market their magazine and album covers however they want. Do you think the Pittsburgh Penguins have to give approval for Sports Illustrated to sell the commemorative issue they're about to start selling? No, they don't.

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
  • ^^rock n roll perfection^^
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2009, 10:50:37 AM »
Love my shirt (for $10)....and my first (free) issue of RS came yesterday!