Author Topic: U2 shirt at Walmart!  (Read 36901 times)

joegtheog

Re: U2 shirt at Walmart!
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2009, 10:56:30 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm surprised U2 let this happen...a shirt for sale specifically at Walmart?! This is crazy. What is going on with U2's marketing?! It's like they hired someone that Chris Martin recommended with the intentions of infiltrating and sabotaging them.

They have had some of the worst marketing I've seen lately...weird decisions. Shame, as the album is outstanding.

This complaint should be directed to Rolling Stone.

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2009, 11:23:22 PM »
yeah your right from what i'm told. I guess I'll let U2 complain. They're big boys.

And hey, at least the band didn't do a concert in a Walmart! K-mart was class all the way, lol.

Offline ashleyisabelle

• Stateless
  • it's a hug....in a mug....
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2009, 04:26:40 PM »
I don't know if my mind has changed but this was the first time I've seen our boys jump into this fray. Dunno. Maybe we'll start seeing old War or Joshua Tree tees next to all the Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Kiss, et al. tees.  It'll be another way for an increasingly aging U2 (gasp!) to keep in front of teens and 20-somethings.

i bought the war shirt thats on U2's site at hot topic today...next to pink floyd, aerosmith, zepelin, and a few others like you mentioned...
o.O

Offline sister moon

• Wanderer
« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2009, 11:56:33 PM »
Everybody hurry up and get your shirt if you want one.  I had bought two, one for me and one for a friend, she wanted a different size, so I went back two days later and they were all gone at both walmarts I went to.  Now they are showing up on EBAY, starting bid....$25.00 !!!!!

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2009, 12:46:41 AM »
I was at my Walmart today (SE Wisconsin) and there is still quite a pile of U2 shirts there, as well as a decent selection of the others. The clerk I asked a few weeks ago said they'd be getting them all summer.
I am still looking for a Johnny Cash one, though. Those haven't come back in yet.

Birdlover

Offline Niterpi

• Stateless
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2009, 11:26:55 AM »
ok, i'm at walmart today and in the women's section they have rolling stone bags for $12, LARGE bags with the magazine covers, like the tshirts in the men's section!  only they are different covers than the tshirts but still have the free RS subscription!  i couldn't find a U2 one but i did get the fly bono one march 1993 - excellent!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2009, 11:31:35 AM »
I was at my Walmart today (SE Wisconsin) and there is still quite a pile of U2 shirts there, as well as a decent selection of the others. The clerk I asked a few weeks ago said they'd be getting them all summer.
I am still looking for a Johnny Cash one, though. Those haven't come back in yet.

Birdlover

Hi Birdlover. I just got a really nice Johnny Cash t shirt for my 11 year old son on the official Johnny Cash website. They have quite a selection and the prices are reasonable. It is a bit more than Walmart prices but they are much nicer. Try it!

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2009, 05:02:29 PM »
ok, i'm at walmart today and in the women's section they have rolling stone bags for $12, LARGE bags with the magazine covers, like the tshirts in the men's section!  only they are different covers than the tshirts but still have the free RS subscription!  i couldn't find a U2 one but i did get the fly bono one march 1993 - excellent!

WHAT!!! oh crap........now I have to run to Walmart again!

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2009, 05:46:49 PM »

Hi Birdlover. I just got a really nice Johnny Cash t shirt for my 11 year old son on the official Johnny Cash website. They have quite a selection and the prices are reasonable. It is a bit more than Walmart prices but they are much nicer. Try it!

Thanks, StrongGirl! My friend just found me one at Walmart and is sending it on. I'll have a look at the Cash website too. Can't have too many tee shirts!
Thanks again!

And now it looks like I have to hit Walmart again. :D Thanks Niterpi!

Birdlover

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2009, 07:47:33 PM »
A Bono bag!!!    :o  Must get to Wal-Mart pronto!  Thanks for the tip Niterpi!

zip

« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2009, 05:00:29 AM »

Birdlover

thanks Strong ! one more website for me to troll through and shop on..................... 8)

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2009, 05:30:43 PM »
Love my shirt (for $10)....and my first (free) issue of RS came yesterday!

really? I hope mine comes soon, sent it in like 2 months ago (maybe not quite that long)  :-\

Offline silverbad

• Stateless
  • see the future just hanging there...
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2009, 05:58:53 PM »
I got 2 of the bags yesterday-they also had one with johnny depp on it. In the corner it had a headline "Michael Jackson on Trial" those will get snatched up. I didn't buy it though.

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2009, 07:01:55 PM »
I looked but my Walmart didn't have any of them. :'(  Even the clerks had no idea where they'd be.

I'm in SE Wisconsin hoping they're just late getting here.

Birdlover

Offline Niterpi

• Stateless
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2009, 10:13:27 PM »
i went to a different walmart yesterday 3 miles away from the other walmart and all they had were jonas brothers bags.  it is crazy how every walmart is different ???