Author Topic: The false promise of better setlists !!  (Read 2247 times)

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
Re: The false promise of better setlists !!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 02:45:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Im not suprised either. For Me, someone who is going to see one show and it will be my first U2 show, its not a problem. I will be happy with whatever they play.

I would like to here songs like Pride and WTSHNN and Bullet, As I have never had the joy of seeing and singing along to them live.

Mal

Same, as long as they play WOWY im good

Offline seano0513

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2009, 11:26:11 AM »
I don't mind a relatively static set list, but it should change noticeably (meaning 4-5 songs at least) for multiple nights at 1 venue.  And over the course the 4 month tour in '09, they should switch about 4 songs from the standard set.  That's what they've done for Elevation and Vertigo and it's what we should expect and demand.

Going back to a Zoo TV or Popmart where it was the same every night (even on multiple dates) would be a major disappointment, especially considering they have another 3 albums worth of material at this point.  There was enough set list variation for the Vertigo stadium shows and there better be a few song changes this time around. 

And PLEASE retire Bullet and Pride.  Pride should remain at the Lincoln Memorial.

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2009, 03:07:30 PM »
I agree when they play multiple nights in one city they should mix up the set list.  It's going to be hard to please everyone but I do hope a lot of the songs that haven't seen the light of day will be played.