Author Topic: It's Official: New U2 Album is Called NO LINE ON THE HORIZON  (Read 20814 times)

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Re: It's Official: New U2 Album is Called NO LINE ON THE HORIZON
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2008, 08:50:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And the fact they shot a music video in London involving "girls with boots" means that first single is Sexy Boots/Get Up On Your Boots.

So you know for sure that's not a red herring?

Also, it's slightly disappointing that once again we have to abbreviate an album title to use it casually. This time it's Enloth, which sounds slightly like some sort of black prog metal album in the vein of Meshuggah. Of course, if Larry has adopted that kind of drumming then I for one have no issue.

Just an assumption but the fact that U2.com included "girls.....with boots" speaks for itself. But as I said: an assumption.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2008, 12:59:52 PM »
Seeing as we have a choice of 5 versions ranging from $13.98 - $95.98 I cant look at U2 right now...I will be back tomorow!

I am so angry at them!
Actually, you are quite right - we have a choice, and I will be one of the ones choosing the $13.98 version, probably at Costco for $11.98.  All of the collector stuff is great and all, but it is really about the music, and I would guess that 95-99% of folks will get the standard $13.98 CD.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2008, 01:10:08 PM »
Seeing as we have a choice of 5 versions ranging from $13.98 - $95.98 I cant look at U2 right now...I will be back tomorow!

I am so angry at them!

Angry at them? For giving fans a choice? What's wrong with that? There's a version for every budget. I'd get angry if the only thing they offered were the limited edition specials, but you can get the music for $10. Isn't that what it's about -- the music?

(ADDED: Okay, I'm just repeating what others have said. Should've read the whole thread before replying. I'll shut up now.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 01:12:50 PM by m2 »

daveyg

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2008, 01:11:47 PM »
And just read today the new album will be released three days earlier in Ireland!! :)

And charging 99 for an album?

Offline Mr. T

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2008, 01:13:33 PM »
And just read today the new album will be released three days earlier in Ireland!! :)

And charging 99 for an album?

Amazon have it for $9.99.

Revolver7

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2008, 01:29:30 PM »
I'm guessing since the Vinyl edition has 2 records, the album itself will probably be in the 60-70 minute range....does anyone think it might actually be that long?

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2008, 01:41:23 PM »
Well there is rumour that it might be a double album; Paul McGuinnes was saying that they were using technology to find an interesting way to release the album on the CD format and that has certainly got my interest (I'm more of a CD person anyway; I get laughed at in my College for purchasing music. Well I say at least I care about my band and music  :P)
  A $100 album? Can't say I'm surprised. Here in England, HTDAAB was 16- possibly the most expensive studio I've seen ($32-$35).

Revolver7

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2008, 01:49:37 PM »
Well, the CD version in America is $9.99 on Amazon...the 2 LP Vinyl is $17.98

$9.99 is way too cheap for a double album...if the rumour that U2 is releasing 1 album via CD and 1 album Digitally is true, then I'm guessing the Vinyl Format must have both albums...

Or, the alternative is that it's just a long album. Chinese Democracy was released as a single CD and a 2 LP Vinyl Set

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2008, 02:03:09 PM »
Or maybe they might do a Achtung Baby-esque reinvention of the CD format :P  They've already surprised us with iTunes ad and now maybe something unique with the CD?

Revolver7

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2008, 02:19:51 PM »
Maybe!  ;D Only time will tell

I hope they do another iTunes commercial! If they have another big commercial, like with "Vertigo", U2 probably could have another Top 10 hit in the US

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2008, 02:42:45 PM »
But they've got to top Coldplay's one- I admit that was very colourful. Certainly encouraged me to buy their album :P Maybe the return of The Fly in the commercial?

Revolver7

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2008, 02:48:37 PM »
I think they could top Coldplay's....U2 has got plenty of money, and they're are plenty of artists and designers that could make something innovative and spectacular...

I would love the Fly to return  ;D but I think Bono is too old...he would have to let his hair grow out again, and he wouldn't be able to wear the jacket with no shirt on underneath it, like in the Fly music video...

But either way, if there is a commerical, I'm sure there will be some cool sunglasses involved!  ;)

Offline TraKianLite/Zooropa

• Numb
  • The land was flat, the highway straight and wide.
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2008, 03:00:14 PM »
probably could have another Top 10 hit in the US

Doubtful. Nobody gets a top 10 in America anymore unless they append "ft. Akon" or "ft. Rihanna" to said song. Depressingly this isn't far off the mark in the UK either.

Revolver7

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2008, 03:06:39 PM »
You'd be suprised what an iTunes Television commercial can do for an artist. It gives them more airplay and more exposure than the radio ever could. This usually leads to a big boom in digital sales, which will usually result in the song being catapulted into the top 10 or top 20 of the Billboard Hot 100. However, they might not stay high on the charts for a long period of time though...it all depends.

"Viva La Vida" by Coldplay is a great song, but I don't know if it would have been #1 in the US without the great commercial it had

I'm just talking about here in America. In the UK, things may be different.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 03:08:16 PM by Revolver7 »

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2008, 03:13:37 PM »
I think the CD/magazine one looks like it works for me (the $50.00 one) because I'll have some extra Christmas money.