Author Topic: WTF?!?! U2?  (Read 1851 times)

Offline LOGAN B

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Ambition Bites the Nails of Success.
WTF?!?! U2?
« on: June 02, 2009, 11:53:34 AM »
In the interview on The Late Late Show the host asked the same questions that have appeared on previous interviews. The one about Larry not liking Bono's friends and how do they stay relevant after so many years or how do they deal with Bono's activism. U2's answers are the same as in other interviews. What is going on here? Either people can't find new questions to ask or U2 is reducing their interviews to those topics. WTF?!  >:(

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
Re: WTF?!?! U2?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 01:11:32 PM »
I've had this thought too.  But I think it is b/c U2 hasn't really been taking any risks or moved to any new ground for the last 3 releases.  Compare the conversations around ATYCLB, HTDAAB, NLOTH with the conversations you can have about Achtung Baby, ZooTV, Zooropa, Popmart.   U2 have been playing it safe....musically, lyrically, politically for the 2000's.  I thought Bono was pi**ed off about the world his kids were inheriting.  They've become so much more diplomatic on every level. 

Revolver7

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 01:32:03 PM »
That is kind of weird

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 02:28:50 PM »

The most revealing thing was the questions that they weren't asked. It seems like one obvious topic in particular is off-limits.

shockdocta22

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 02:29:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The most revealing thing was the questions that they weren't asked. It seems like one obvious topic in particular is off-limits.

which one?  i think i have an idea...

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 04:59:28 PM »

Oh dear. It isn't the "you've been around a long time, when you gonna" question, is it?

shockdocta22

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 05:26:14 PM »

Oh dear. It isn't the "you've been around a long time, when you gonna" question, is it?

maybe, but then there was that "other" question, remember the one he played off back on an interview by laughing it off and stuff

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 05:56:13 PM »

maybe, but then there was that "other" question, remember the one he played off back on an interview by laughing it off and stuff

??? I'm lost.

shockdocta22

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 06:11:53 PM »

??? I'm lost.

you were not on the forum yet, it was around the time of the NLOTH release, and U2 were live on a radio i think like all day, and a question occured on it

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 06:15:31 PM »

??? I'm lost.

you were not on the forum yet, it was around the time of the NLOTH release, and U2 were live on a radio i think like all day, and a question occured on it

Do you have a link I can find it at?

Revolver7

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 06:17:32 PM »
No offense to anybody, but isn't this kind of childish? Can't anyone just say what the question was?

shockdocta22

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 06:18:49 PM »
No offense to anybody, but isn't this kind of childish? Can't anyone just say what the question was?

im trying to find it, but the question had something to do with sex and bono, i think it was when was your first time or something like that, i cant completly remember it, but it was asked to him a lot

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 06:20:38 PM »

im trying to find it, but the question had something to do with sex and bono, i think it was when was your first time or something like that, i cant completly remember it, but it was asked to him a lot

Such a rude question! It's so personal, we don't really need to know! We shouldn't really care anyway! Sheesh.

shockdocta22

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 06:21:54 PM »

Such a rude question! It's so personal, we don't really need to know! We shouldn't really care anyway! Sheesh.

it was something along those lines....im not exactly sure what it was