Author Topic: What Sure Things will be there in 360 shows?  (Read 968 times)

Offline Dream Out Loud

• Child of Grace
  • I'm Wide Awake....I'm Not Sleeping
What Sure Things will be there in 360 shows?
« on: June 09, 2009, 01:15:29 PM »
My 6 year old son will be going with me to his first U2 show in DC in September.  He is currently obsessed with Bullet the Blue Sky and Fez/Being Born.  He loves playing air guitar and air drums to those songs. Anyway, he asked me if we were definitely going to hear those songs live in September.  There is no real way to predict whether F/BB will be played.  my guess is that it will be too difficult to play...perhaps we'll hear it as a taped part as they take the stage for the encore...something like that.  And as for BTBS, I know it has been a staple since it's release but I'm just not convinced it will be a staple on this tour.  I think at some point they'll fade it out.  Maybe not.

But this got me thinking, what can we pretty much guarantee will happen on this tour?  For me, the one thing I'll stake my mortgage on is that we'll hear Where the Streets Have No Name somewhere in the show, likely late main set.   someone on here suggested that it would be a sure thing that the 2nd song of the show would be Get On Your Boots.  I don't believe that.  So, my question is, what else are we sure to hear?  I think Magnificent will certainly be high-profile but not sure it will start the show.  I think they should start with it but it wouldn't surprise me if it gets played later.

Anything else that is a guarantee?

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Re: What Sure Things will be there in 360 shows?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 01:27:40 PM »
Beautiful Day is a staple. And obviously Get On Your Boots.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »
For this tour, I predict that the sure things are Magnificent, Boots, Breathe, Vertigo, Beautiful Day, Streets and WOWY.  I also predict that they will play 2 others from the new album (could change night to night) and they will find 1-2 older gems and use them consistently like they did with the Boy material and Miss Sarajevo on the last tour.

The best predictor will be to check out the set lists at U2tours next month.  They haven't changed all that much from night to night on past tours.

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 05:36:51 PM »
Bono will change/mess up a few lyrics every night. Sure thing.

InThisHeartland

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 05:41:10 PM »
Pride. It's funny, because I'm kinda sick of it in all of my U2 DVDs, but I can't wait for it in person. Of course, this will be my first ever concert (also my first U2 concert  :D), so I'm pumped for everything. I wouldn't even care if they played A Man and a Woman!