Author Topic: hi andy from nz here  (Read 1214 times)

andym

hi andy from nz here
« on: June 15, 2009, 09:41:12 PM »
hi everyone
andy from new zealand here

basically I have seen and brought most things u2

from the age of 12 I've grown up with them and been inspired by them.

I now create music of my own that is continually growing and moving basically because of u2.

I listen to other stuff and than come back to... you guessed it.

I have some opinions on where they are at, hense my joining.

The first stuff, boy, october and war inspired me..especially bonos singing and passion.

unforgettable fire strengthened this with Pride and Bad.

The Joshua Tree was a funny time where friends that I had who also liked them went off them due to their commercial status.

I enjoyed them more than ever.

Rattle and Hum came along and I thrashed it..though some of the shine had gone.
Achtung baby came along and I thought "what the f***? bono seemed to have lost his voice?
THan I saw the live concert on Tv and have never been so excited..probably my favourite album now

Zooropa was cool, for me Lemon was a standout. Pop was ok, again the live show was cool and bonos intro was fantastic as The Boxer.
atyclb was a great commercial albumand Beautiful Day was and is a fantastic single
htdaab for me wasnt as good.Vertigo was excellent, as well as yahweh but for the first time I found myself skipping songs
now nloth has come on first listen i didnt find much to like. I liked get on your boots its different and thats cool.Though everything else to me felt forced, I was searching for things to like. The live versions stasrted to make sense and I enjoyed crazy tonight. I must admit though a lot of the guitar jingles felt familiar and instead of choruses we seem to get ooohss and ideas. It will probably fantastic live and I cant wait especially with the great idea that is The Claw, but I cant help but feel it would be greater with far more exciting songs.
U2 are the greatest and even though I havent really grabbed onto this album I still listen to it way more than anything else.
Anyway I didnt mean to write a novel but their you go.
Nice to meet you all and all that
Andy

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
Re: hi andy from nz here
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:42:50 PM »
Welcome! Novels are okay, as long as too many of them aren't quoted in a row. Makes a huge mess. ;D

liam02

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 10:11:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
hi everyone
andy from new zealand here

basically I have seen and brought most things u2

from the age of 12 I've grown up with them and been inspired by them.

I now create music of my own that is continually growing and moving basically because of u2.

I listen to other stuff and than come back to... you guessed it.

I have some opinions on where they are at, hense my joining.

The first stuff, boy, october and war inspired me..especially bonos singing and passion.

unforgettable fire strengthened this with Pride and Bad.

The Joshua Tree was a funny time where friends that I had who also liked them went off them due to their commercial status.

I enjoyed them more than ever.

Rattle and Hum came along and I thrashed it..though some of the shine had gone.
Achtung baby came along and I thought "what the f***? bono seemed to have lost his voice?
THan I saw the live concert on Tv and have never been so excited..probably my favourite album now

Zooropa was cool, for me Lemon was a standout. Pop was ok, again the live show was cool and bonos intro was fantastic as The Boxer.
atyclb was a great commercial albumand Beautiful Day was and is a fantastic single
htdaab for me wasnt as good.Vertigo was excellent, as well as yahweh but for the first time I found myself skipping songs
now nloth has come on first listen i didnt find much to like. I liked get on your boots its different and thats cool.Though everything else to me felt forced, I was searching for things to like. The live versions stasrted to make sense and I enjoyed crazy tonight. I must admit though a lot of the guitar jingles felt familiar and instead of choruses we seem to get ooohss and ideas. It will probably fantastic live and I cant wait especially with the great idea that is The Claw, but I cant help but feel it would be greater with far more exciting songs.
U2 are the greatest and even though I havent really grabbed onto this album I still listen to it way more than anything else.
Anyway I didnt mean to write a novel but their you go.
Nice to meet you all and all that
Andy
G`Day from Australia  ;)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »
Welcome Andy! I love your introduction. I have been to Australia but I did not get to your beautiful country except for the airport. I would love to come as many people I know who travel a lot say it is indeed one of the most beautiful places on this earth!

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 09:55:02 PM »
Hello and Welcome to the forum Andy!