Poll

What is your Myer's Briggs Personality Type?

ISTJ
ESTJ
ISFJ
ESFJ
ISTP
ESTP
ESFP
ISFP
ENTJ
INTJ
ENTP
INTP
ENFJ
INFJ
ENFP
INFP

Author Topic: What's Your MBPT?  (Read 34431 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: What's Your Type
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 11:05:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
According to the data I have, INFJ personalities are the rarest of all of the personality types with about 1% of the population landing in that group. That info may be outdated and I'll defer to BB, Juls or others who may have more current statistics.

You are indeed rare Joe!  I mean that in the best possible way, of course! ;D

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 11:07:39 PM »
According to the data I have, INFJ personalities are the rarest of all of the personality types with about 1% of the population landing in that group. That info may be outdated and I'll defer to BB, Juls or others who may have more current statistics.

>:( >:( >:( Joe and.....?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 11:18:38 PM by JoshuaTree94 »

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 11:16:13 PM »

>:( >:( >:(Joe and.....?

JT of course!!!!

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 11:19:22 PM »

>:( >:( >:(Joe and.....?

JT of course!!!!

Much better. Now I can rest in peace (for the night, then wake up in the morning.)

Offline Thehorsefly [whinny!]

• Desert Rose
  • Nobody gonna feel no pain,Nobody gonna cry someday
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 11:22:56 PM »
This is vey amusing indeed!  :)

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 12:41:59 AM »
Cool! I'm a ISTJ!  8)  :P

Offline Discotheque Girl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • You break and enter my imagination
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 04:21:00 AM »
I am ESFP !
Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 08:11:00 AM »
I'm the only INTP so far.  Very interesting, Beli.  You'll have to tell us your conclusions.

Boom Cha!

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 09:10:52 AM »
ISFJ

I think it's spot on:

Guardian™ Portrait of the Protector (ISFJ)
We are lucky that Protectors make up as much as ten percent the population, because their primary interest is in the safety and security of those they care about - their family, their circle of friends, their students, their patients, their boss, their fellow-workers, or their employees. Protectors have an extraordinary sense of loyalty and responsibility in their makeup, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can shield others from the dirt and dangers of the world. Speculating and experimenting do not intrigue Protectors, who prefer to make do with time-honored and time-tested products and procedures rather than change to new. At work Protectors are seldom happy in situations where the rules are constantly changing, or where long-established ways of doing things are not respected. For their part, Protectors value tradition, both in the culture and in their family. Protectors believe deeply in the stability of social ranking conferred by birth, titles, offices, and credentials. And they cherish family history and enjoy caring for family property, from houses to heirlooms.

Wanting to be of service to others, Protectors find great satisfaction in assisting the downtrodden, and can deal with disability and neediness in others better than any other type. They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Provider Guardians [ESFJs], and their shyness is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.

Their reserve ought really to be seen as an expression of their sincerity and seriousness of purpose. The most diligent of all the types, Protectors are willing to work long, hard hours quietly doing all the thankless jobs that others manage to avoid. Protectors are quite happy working alone; in fact, in positions of authority they may try to do everything themselves rather than direct others to get the job done. Thoroughness and frugality are also virtues for them. When Protectors undertake a task, they will complete it if humanly possible. They also know better than any other type the value of a dollar, and they abhor the squandering or misuse of money. To save, to put something aside against an unpredictable future, to prepare for emergencies-these are actions near and dear to the Protector's heart. For all these reasons, Protectors are frequently overworked, just as they are frequently misunderstood and undervalued. Their contributions, and also their economies, are often taken for granted, and they rarely get the gratitude they deserve.

Mother Teresa, George H.W. Bush, Jimmy Stewart, and Tsar Nicholas II are examples of Protector Guardian style.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 09:11:40 AM »
Yooper, I will. I am working on my presentation now-- but the Dr will be in later to discuss! This has been a bigger hit than I expected-- I have several other assesments I think I will offer later.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 09:12:12 AM »
Boom, does this mean you will always look out for me.  ::)

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 09:14:36 AM »
I'm a thinker :P

Boom Cha!

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 09:16:13 AM »
Boom, does this mean you will always look out for me.  ::)

:-*

Offline DarkRidley (Chief Kitty Kat Utilities Officer)

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Always just a touch away
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 09:17:38 AM »
INTP, the thinker.

The Thinker

As an INTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.  

INTPs live in the world of theoretical possibilities. They see everything in terms of how it could be improved, or what it could be turned into. They live primarily inside their own minds, having the ability to analyze difficult problems, identify patterns, and come up with logical explanations. They seek clarity in everything, and are therefore driven to build knowledge. They are the "absent-minded professors", who highly value intelligence and the ability to apply logic to theories to find solutions. They typically are so strongly driven to turn problems into logical explanations, that they live much of their lives within their own heads, and may not place as much importance or value on the external world. Their natural drive to turn theories into concrete understanding may turn into a feeling of personal responsibility to solve theoretical problems, and help society move towards a higher understanding.

INTPs value knowledge above all else. Their minds are constantly working to generate new theories, or to prove or disprove existing theories. They approach problems and theories with enthusiasm and skepticism, ignoring existing rules and opinions and defining their own approach to the resolution. They seek patterns and logical explanations for anything that interests them. They're usually extremely bright, and able to be objectively critical in their analysis. They love new ideas, and become very excited over abstractions and theories. They love to discuss these concepts with others. They may seem "dreamy" and distant to others, because they spend a lot of time inside their minds musing over theories. They hate to work on routine things - they would much prefer to build complex theoretical solutions, and leave the implementation of the system to others. They are intensely interested in theory, and will put forth tremendous amounts of time and energy into finding a solution to a problem with has piqued their interest.

INTPs do not like to lead or control people. They're very tolerant and flexible in most situations, unless one of their firmly held beliefs has been violated or challenged, in which case they may take a very rigid stance. The INTP is likely to be very shy when it comes to meeting new people. On the other hand, the INTP is very self-confident and gregarious around people they know well, or when discussing theories which they fully understand.

The INTP has no understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings. They strive constantly to achieve logical conclusions to problems, and don't understand the importance or relevance of applying subjective emotional considerations to decisions. For this reason, INTPs are usually not in-tune with how people are feeling, and are not naturally well-equiped to meet the emotional needs of others.

The INTP may have a problem with self-aggrandizement and social rebellion, which will interfere with their creative potential. Since their Feeling side is their least developed trait, the INTP may have difficulty giving the warmth and support that is sometimes necessary in intimate relationships. If the INTP doesn't realize the value of attending to other people's feelings, he or she may become overly critical and sarcastic with others. If the INTP is not able to find a place for themself which supports the use of their strongest abilities, they may become generally negative and cynical. If the INTP has not developed their Sensing side sufficiently, they may become unaware of their environment, and exhibit weakness in performing maintenance-type tasks, such as bill-paying and dressing appropriately.

For the INTP, it is extremely important that ideas and facts are expressed correctly and succinctly. They are likely to express themselves in what they believe to be absolute truths. Sometimes, their well thought-out understanding of an idea is not easily understandable by others, but the INTP is not naturally likely to tailor the truth so as to explain it in an understandable way to others. The INTP may be prone to abandoning a project once they have figured it out, moving on to the next thing. It's important that the INTP place importance on expressing their developed theories in understandable ways. In the end, an amazing discovery means nothing if you are the only person who understands it.

The INTP is usually very independent, unconventional, and original. They are not likely to place much value on traditional goals such as popularity and security. They usually have complex characters, and may tend to be restless and temperamental. They are strongly ingenious, and have unconventional thought patterns which allows them to analyze ideas in new ways. Consequently, a lot of scientific breakthroughs in the world have been made by the INTP.

The INTP is at his best when he can work on his theories independently. When given an environment which supports his creative genius and possible eccentricity, the INTP can accomplish truly remarkable things. These are the pioneers of new thoughts in our society.

That's scarily close. :o

Offline Belisama

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 09:24:35 AM »
FYI Myers Briggs is the most accurtate known testing tool with a 97% validity rating. It has been proven to span cultures and social groups and is used world wide.