Author Topic: Q Mag. Mini-Site is (kinda) online  (Read 23220 times)

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
Re: Q Mag. Mini-Site is (kinda) online
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm psyched for the "hitherto unheard, funky selves." Very intriguing.

I don't know how I feel about the Unforgettable Fire allusions. I'm beginning to like TUF more and more, but it's definitely something that takes some getting used to, not something that blows your mind right away.

Love Larry in the hoodie! And though Adam looks about 30 years older than Larry, he also looks great. Like some really awesome grandpa.

Grandpa?!  Adam looks great.  I must be getting old, because my first thought was not "grandpa"! 

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2008, 07:28:25 PM »
Oh no Edges, if Adam is a grandpa then I am a grandma-frightening thought. But then again, I look as young as Larry. ;) (if I do say so myself!)

Offline ProofThatThisIsReal

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2008, 07:32:16 PM »
hmm, I see StrongGirl's a mofo now-

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2008, 08:08:16 PM »
Yeah and yooper says I'm fierce so no more miss nice girl. Watch out and don't mess with me ;D ;D ;D.

Offline Edges Les Paul

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • This is Edge; we're not sure where we got him.
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2008, 10:41:25 PM »
Okay, a young grandpa.

Offline macmango

• Stateless
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2008, 02:25:06 AM »
Thanks Matt just seen the link ! ;D The U2 band wagon is on the roll again ! can't wait to hear the tracks now . seems to reference The Unforgettable Fire in the review which is great it's my fav album to date .
As for Bono in eyeliner anybody else think he looks like Gavin Fridays twin ? Ive sported most of Bono's looks over the years but not sure how the eyeliner will go down with my mates  :D

I'm sure Gavin has a few more ideas up his sleeve.  Could Bono drift more into Virgin Prunes territory?

zip

« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2008, 05:21:28 AM »
I really think the eyeliner bit was a typical "Bono moment" they're getting ready for the shoot and suddenly he gets the idea and voila !  I wouldn't expect it being a semi-permanent thing. Perhaps it's something he's formulating for the tour along with the bowler and brolly. Adam, Edge and Larry are looking as I said earlier in fighting shape......

fear or desire

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2008, 08:39:53 AM »
I am not a native english speaker, so please help if you are. in the Q article it says ''Bono treated Q to a private audience of two further unfinished tracks (one of them is NLOTH)'' and then ''One other track, Every Breaking Wave...'' ok, does it mean Every Breaking Wave is one of those ''two further unfinished tracks ''? if not, then we are talking about 3 tracks.
and, together with the seven tracks Q initially heard (although they only named 6 of them, Magnificent, Crazy Tonight, Stand Up, Get Your Boots On, Winter, Unknown Caller ), plus 2 with ''particular excitement'', Moment Of Surrender and Breathe, Q totally heard as many as 12 tracks.
it's my first post so be gentle to me please.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2008, 09:02:38 AM »
I am not a native english speaker, so please help if you are. in the Q article it says ''Bono treated Q to a private audience of two further unfinished tracks (one of them is NLOTH)'' and then ''One other track, Every Breaking Wave...'' ok, does it mean Every Breaking Wave is one of those ''two further unfinished tracks ''? if not, then we are talking about 3 tracks.
and, together with the seven tracks Q initially heard (although they only named 6 of them, Magnificent, Crazy Tonight, Stand Up, Get Your Boots On, Winter, Unknown Caller ), plus 2 with ''particular excitement'', Moment Of Surrender and Breathe, Q totally heard as many as 12 tracks.
it's my first post so be gentle to me please.
Good question and thanks for posting. 

I had to look back at the Q mag. article, and it looks to me like they are choosing between their 2 versions of the song "No Line on the Horizon" (that is song 1) and the second song is "Every Breaking Wave".  My count is at least 10 songs on the new album, but the final number and listing will be finalized when the band posts that.  The album page for the @u2 web site is also cautious in that regard.

I like the fact that the band is still considering different versions of the songs, as that means that they could mix it up live, with different versions on different nights (wouldn't that be awesome?).  I am also wondering which songs have been modified into the ones that will end up on the new album.  They often do that as a song evolves (Always -> Beautiful Day, etc.).

I look forward to your future contributions to the discussions and I really like your username.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2008, 10:42:58 AM »
I would freak out if Bono and the boys went into more Virgin Prune terrritory. It would be great for me. Still, there will never be another Virgin Prunes. They are in a league of their own when it comes to originality. U2 is amazing in their own way-just a different way from their mates. I love that they are so different and remain close friends for so many years.

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2008, 12:19:37 PM »
I would freak out if Bono and the boys went into more Virgin Prune terrritory. It would be great for me. Still, there will never be another Virgin Prunes. They are in a league of their own when it comes to originality. U2 is amazing in their own way-just a different way from their mates. I love that they are so different and remain close friends for so many years.

I think it is good ro keep them seperate eh?

fear or desire

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2008, 12:44:35 PM »
Don't know if it's been mentioned before, Bono wears the same jacket in the Q video and I Believe in Father Christmas.
I am all for him becoming robert smith (without crazy hair), but he shd have shaved first.

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2008, 12:33:52 PM »
He should beconme robert smith with the hair! That would be good..

Offline followeru2

• Wanderer
  • long time fan from Brazil
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2008, 05:19:59 PM »
Can´t wait to have this issue of Q Mag in my hands. 28 pages about No Line on the Horizon, that´s what I read elsewhere. Wow!

Cheers, MT

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2008, 09:30:32 AM »
I really think the eyeliner bit was a typical "Bono moment" they're getting ready for the shoot and suddenly he gets the idea and voila !  I wouldn't expect it being a semi-permanent thing. Perhaps it's something he's formulating for the tour along with the bowler and brolly. Adam, Edge and Larry are looking as I said earlier in fighting shape......

I don't think it was a spontaneous thing, seeing as how he had the eyeliner on in the "Father Christmas" video as well.