Author Topic: Q Mag. Mini-Site is (kinda) online  (Read 23174 times)

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
Re: Q Mag. Mini-Site is (kinda) online
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 08:47:30 AM »
The picture gallery was not working when I checked the site last night.

zip

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2008, 08:53:52 AM »
the pic site is still "on the boil"

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 09:11:10 AM »
Really exciting stuff, this totally made my (otherwise crappy) day. March 3 can't come soon enough! (Or the single.) I'll have to check out this mini-site in more detail later ...

I'm generally excited by the song titles. The descriptions of the songs really don't sound anything like "normal" U2; are they revisiting their inner disco dancers? Intrigued by "Unknown Caller" (THERE's the Fez song!) and "Every Breaking Wave." "Winter" sounds interesting, as does "Magnificent" (hope the song is).

This is great. BRING IT.

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2008, 09:23:24 AM »
Thanks Matt just seen the link ! ;D The U2 band wagon is on the roll again ! can't wait to hear the tracks now . seems to reference The Unforgettable Fire in the review which is great it's my fav album to date .
As for Bono in eyeliner anybody else think he looks like Gavin Fridays twin ? Ive sported most of Bono's looks over the years but not sure how the eyeliner will go down with my mates  :D

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2008, 09:57:55 AM »
WOOT!  *totally excited*  The single and the album... can't wait! 
So yeah, BRING IT! 
I did notice no Cedars of Lebannon but no matter.... The teasers are killing me!

The boy's look in fine form but as for the smudgy eyeliner/ eyeshadow...  ::) 
I'm all for the glasses off but if Bono's gonna do it, he need's Bellydancer's touch!
Plus, Ali, Jordan & Eve are gonna be pi**ed he's stolen theirs & made a mess! lol   ;D

Edge & Adam look great as always, and thankfully finally Larry cut & washed his hair + shaved! He looks much better. 

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2008, 10:06:08 AM »
Would it help if I posted the magazine features here  ;D Once I get the magazine on the 31st I'll get it up straight away ^_^

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 10:14:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ok, this is exciting news and all, but believe it or not i am a bit disappointed. are we going from the rumour of getting a double album down to only ten songs? i genuinely respect the creative process of the band and never have high expectations, i always take what they give me. but after hearing about the 50 or 60 songs they wrote i expect more than 12 songs on this. more like a hip hop album with 17, 18, 19 tunes. hope Will.I.Am talked them into putting more songs

If you read the article carefully, nowhere does it say that Q heard the entire album. They heard 7 songs one day, then Bono played a couple more some other day, etc.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2008, 10:15:34 AM »
Would it help if I posted the magazine features here  ;D Once I get the magazine on the 31st I'll get it up straight away ^_^
That would be awesome, Nielsen. Thx.

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2008, 10:18:03 AM »
WOOT!  *totally excited*  The single and the album... can't wait! 
So yeah, BRING IT! 
I did notice no Cedars of Lebannon but no matter.... The teasers are killing me!

The boy's look in fine form but as for the smudgy eyeliner/ eyeshadow...  ::) 
I'm all for the glasses off but if Bono's gonna do it, he need's Bellydancer's touch!
Plus, Ali, Jordan & Eve are gonna be pi**ed he's stolen theirs & made a mess! lol   ;D

Edge & Adam look great as always, and thankfully finally Larry cut & washed his hair + shaved! He looks much better. 

Didn't Eno like Cedars of Lebannon? There's a song listed called Breathe where it says Eno loves that one.  Maybe they changed the name of the song.  Anyways when everyone watched the photo shoot, was everyone like me trying to hear the songs in the background to see if its from the album?   :P

Boom Cha!

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2008, 10:48:11 AM »
This got me more pumped up! I also have very high expectations! I don't have any doubt in them. This is gonna be an awesome album, I can see it now.... ::)

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2008, 10:58:15 AM »
"(...)Among other instantly striking tracks are Get Your Boots On, a heaving electro-rocker that may mark the destination point the band had been seeking on Pop(...)"

We'll find out very quickly if that statement is true (and...boy, am I wishing for it to be !), then we'll have a clue for all the rest of that teasing...

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2008, 11:11:41 AM »
"Heaving electro-rocker" definitely has a whiff of Discotheque about it, as well as Mofo and Staring at the Sun. This album could be a throwback to the Pop days of yore! This would not be a bad thing!

Yeah, I strained and strained to make out something of the music in the video background, but only bits n pieces made it through. The odd vocal here and there, some "electro-rock," maybe a little percussion. Otherwise, nice job of teasing us, guys!

I had no idea how much I want this album but now I am DYING.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2008, 11:18:28 AM »
Yeah totally getting in the mode for this now - are we anticipating first play of the single on Xmas day or something? I'm sure Matt referenced an announcement or something then?

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2008, 11:20:18 AM »
I haven't heard anything about a single release date except speculation (and done some speculating on my own). There may have been something more solid on that somewhere, I don't know. I'd say we're very, very close.

All I can say is ...

:D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 11:29:53 AM »
That's NOT new U2 playing in the video. I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit and Should I Stay Or Should I Go.

Adam is talking about "African influences" impacting the new album so that's exciting. Damn, I wish we could get just a little snippet!!!!!!!!!!!!