Author Topic: SPOILER: June 17 full-band rehearsal  (Read 44252 times)

Offline zedg

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • *POP*
Re: SPOILER: June 17 full-band rehearsal
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2009, 11:50:57 PM »
I guess we all have our opinions as to what they should play.. And like i have said in post awhil back, they should give fans an option of voting for a song they would like played - an online poll for members of their site.

but anyway.. picture this.

Zooropa.. into Breathe.. into Acrobat.. into Heartland.. into Discotheque.. into Do You Feel Loved.. into God Part 2.. into Dirty Day.. into Electrical Storm.. into One Tree Hill.. into No Line on the Horizon (ver2).. into Ultraviolet.. into Hawkmoon.. etc etc..

NOTE:
Magnificent.. into Streets
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:03:24 AM by zedg »

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2009, 11:58:52 PM »
Why no FLY, MYSTERIOUS WAYS, or UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD?
The lighting and stage theatrics just scream for this holy triumvirate of songs to be played.
Here's hoping that the boys put more Achtung and Pop into the act before coming stateside.

hurricane hugo

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2009, 12:10:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ultraviolet!  Are you freaking kidding me.  Tears came to my eyes when I read that.  Oh- I so hope that is true!!!  Wow...how powerful it is that just reading the song on the setlist could cause such an emotional response!

this...although the tears of joy were more for the unforgettable fire and city of blinding lights

#@!

Offline melbourne85

• Babyface
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 12:14:27 AM »
Oh baby, light my way!

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2009, 12:15:14 AM »
ULTRAVIOLET

YESSSSSSS!

Offline KMciver81

• Babyface
Fascinating.
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2009, 12:17:16 AM »
A lot to be expected: seven NLOTH songs... some "hits" old (Pride, WOWY, Still..., Streets) and new (Vertigo, Beautiful Day)... everything from HTDAAB retired except for Vertigo and COBL... nothing from Pop, Zooropa or October (a pity, but not surprising).

But a lot of shockers, too: Ultraviolet, Drowning Man, MLK, Unforgettable Fire... the absence of One, Bullet, Sunday, NYD, Bad... nothing from Boy, even I Will Follow (which would be a good thematic fit with the NLOTH songs)... no Kite, Stuck or Walk On, but Elevation and IALW from ATYCLB... except for UV, diddly-squat from Achtung Baby (no One, Ways, UTEOTW, Fly, Real Things, etc.).

This will be reasonably gutsy if they stick with it, given that the new album is not a smash, and doesn't seem to have a lot of staying power. They're sure not padding their odds by balancing NLOTH songs with every hit in the catalog.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2009, 12:21:02 AM »
The lighting and stage theatrics just scream for this holy triumvirate of songs to be played.
Here's hoping that the boys put more Achtung and Pop into the act before coming stateside.

Mysterious Ways = Show Killer

They tend to play it too slow and it loses it's power.

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2009, 12:23:45 AM »

I agree with that!

Hopefully ONE,SBS and BTBS are gone from the tour for good. Let them rest.

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 12:23:59 AM »

I thought I was the only one that noticed that about Mysterious Ways.  I find myself liking the Popmart version better than the later one's on Elevation and Vertigo.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2009, 12:25:12 AM »
At least throw in Staring At the Sun, Discotheque and Last Night On Earth; they managed to experiment with Discotheque on the last tour  :(

liam02

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2009, 12:26:28 AM »

i agree ;)

Offline Scotty

• Refugee
  • listen for me I'll be shouting
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2009, 12:54:42 AM »
happy with everything apart from streets,with or without you,pride and elevation.let it go fellas! was hoping for red hill mining town,in gods country,trip through your wires,one tree hill and exit! the b side of the joshua tree always outshone the a side! why no stand up comedy or white as snow? over the moon with ultraviolet,drowning man and fire. hoping for i fall down,two hearts beat as one,kite,new york,so cruel,window in the skies,electrical storm and wire! set lists change and all will be revealed on the 30th.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2009, 01:11:23 AM »
drowning  man !!!!!!! i so didn't see that one coming.just looking at what they rehearsed and the songs they have added it looks great already.glad they have ditched some of the tired over played greatest hits songs. would love them to add exit/in gods country would definately add to the set list.anyway roll on cardiff on the 22nd .hopefully another few m ore surprises to come yet :)

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2009, 01:13:34 AM »
Let's keep in mind that this was Day 1 of the known rehearsals. Not everything they rehearse will make the set list and other songs will be joining these as they consider what they want to play.

Offline toolz2112

• Wanderer
  • they just.. sound different
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2009, 01:23:04 AM »

[/quote]

that is the same with pride, it is played too slow and lacks passion these days, when compared to earlier versions where it was a bit quicker and had lots of passion. oh, and seeing the unforgettable fire mentioned/rehearsed!!!!!! i wanna visit europe/america, sucky australia!