Author Topic: boots on the setlist? hope not  (Read 5039 times)

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
Re: boots on the setlist? hope not
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2009, 07:16:51 PM »
Just quit boo hooing about Boots.  It's going to be played during the tour and there's nothing you can do about it just deal with it. 

Offline Acrobatgirl

• Babyface
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2009, 12:45:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Vertigo rocks live, and I'm sure Boots will also.

I sure hope you're right, I still have this love/hate relationship with that song. One day I'm really into it, the other day I just can't stand it.

I can imagine a whole stadium clapping to the "Let me in the sound" part, though, that would be cool ;-)

Offline realist

• Wanderer
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2009, 04:19:25 AM »
im actually kinda looking forward to it to see if it can change my opinion of it...im not really a fan of the song but will bring an open mind when i see it live - hoping i will be converted.   

Offline u2wire

• Babyface
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2009, 07:55:01 PM »
Boots should go and be replaced with another song off NLOTH like "Fez Being Born"

Offline dpclary

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2009, 01:32:47 AM »
I thought it was a weak choice as the first single, but I actually liked it a bit better when I heard them perform it on Letterman and GMA. I think it will translate pretty well in a stadium setting.

Offline jlw1980

• Babyface
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2009, 03:52:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just quit boo hooing about Boots.  It's going to be played during the tour and there's nothing you can do about it just deal with it. 

This. I'm not a big fan of the song (though I don't hate it, far from one of my favorites though), but whether we like it or not, it's going to be played. I'd much rather have another song take it's spot but it isn't going to happen. I'm over it.

What I'm NOT over is the fact that I possibly won't hear any of my favorite U2 songs (WOWY, One, Streets, Still Haven't Found). I've never had the chance to see them live until this year, and I'll be extremely bummed if I don't hear even one of those iconic songs.

Offline garciaricky0019

• Babyface
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2009, 02:44:48 PM »
The live version of BOOTS has grown on me, but I am sad to say that I am iffy about NLOTH.

Your thoughts...?

Offline u290sbaby

• Stateless
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2009, 09:21:57 AM »
Boots WILL and has to be played on this tour so let's just all get over that.

It's also not my favorite U2 song but it works as the #6 track on the album. Also, like others I thought the first live performances of this song were rather weak. I do have hopes that they have since tweaked the live arrangements even more and will give it some much needed life during the 360 tour.

The guitar intro and outro alone will make the crowed jump from the seats.

Offline rlj1010

• Wanderer
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2009, 11:08:27 AM »
They are going to play 'Boots' twice, just like they did with 'Vertigo' at some shows!   So you can buy your beer the first time, and pee the second.