Author Topic: NO LINE ON THE HORIZON BEST SELLING ALBUM WORLDWIDE OF 2009  (Read 23171 times)

Offline Lemon-Twist

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lay Your Love On The Track
Re: NO LINE ON THE HORIZON BEST SELLING ALBUM WORLDWIDE OF 2009
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 11:45:52 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Best Selling album or not,i expected alot more from NLOTH,if you want to listen to some real good music try Simple minds-Graffiti Soul~~Cracking Album

I have heard Graffiti Soul beginning to end 4 times and all I can say is that since my expectations were zero, it's decent. My expectations for U2 were a lot higher and they did not disappoint.

Have to Disagree,Nloth is a real let down for me.I would take Graffiti Soul over it anyday.

Colossus

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 11:50:45 AM »
Best Selling album or not,i expected alot more from NLOTH,if you want to listen to some real good music try Simple minds-Graffiti Soul~~Cracking Album

I have heard Graffiti Soul beginning to end 4 times and all I can say is that since my expectations were zero, it's decent. My expectations for U2 were a lot higher and they did not disappoint.

Have to Disagree,Nloth is a real let down for me.I would take Graffiti Soul over it anyday.

That's the beauty of opinions.

Offline Lemon-Twist

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 11:55:34 AM »

That's the beauty of opinions.

Yes of Course,I was just expecting more  from a 5 year wait till a new album got released,I really like HTAAB and was looking forward to U2 going up another level, but i don't think they achieved this with NLOTH.

Offline Immy1992

• Elevated
  • oh sugar, don't you cry
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 04:36:37 PM »
i wasn't disappointed with no line at all, i think it's fantastic. I really like and admire the eperimentation in it too.

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 07:51:21 PM »
NLOTH IS SO FAR THE BEST SELLING CD OF 2009 WORLD WIDE, OVER 3 MILLION COPIES SO FAR,  PLUS U2 HAD THE BEST OPENING WEEK OF 2009 WORLD WIDE BEATING EVEN EMINEM.PLUS ANOTHER THING WHY IS EVERYONE PICKING ON U2,S SALES LOOK AT GREEN DAY ONLY 450,000 WORLD WIDE FIRST WEEK PLUS LAST WEEK ONLY 40,000 IN THE US THE CD IS NOT EVEN AT 600,000 IN THE US,BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN NOT EVEN 600,000,BON JOVI ,MADONNA HAD CD,S OUT IN THE LAST FEW YEARS THAT DIDN,T EVEN GO PLATINUM PRINCE,S NEW CD IS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND BUT NOONE HEARS ABOUT THAT.PLUS U2,S CD IS APPROACHING PLATINUM AND NOONE TALKS ABOUT HOW U2,S CD WAS ILLEGALLY DOWNLOADED  450,000 TIMES IN THE USA A WEEK BEFORE THE CD EVEN CAME OUT ,AND IT,S  BEEN REPORTED THE CD WAS ILLEGALLY DOWNLOADED OVER 800,000 TIMES TO DATE IN THE US ALONE ADD THAT TO WHAT THE CD SOLD LEGALLY, AND U2 IS DOING JUST FINE , PLUS THEY SOLD OVER 2.8 MILLION TICKETS FOR THE 360 TOUR ALREADY ADD THAT UP TO THERE AVERAGE TICKET PRICE AT ABOUT 125.00 THIS TOUR WHEN SAID AND DONE IS EASILY GONNA BE THE HIGHEST GROSSING TOUR OF ALL TIME WAY TO GO U2 THANK YOU.

No need to shout Mr. McGuinness.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 07:53:44 PM »
A new simple minds album.? the last one wasn;t that bad to be honest. I'll check it out.

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 10:53:33 PM »
i wasn't disappointed with no line at all, i think it's fantastic. I really like and admire the eperimentation in it too.

Finally someone who understands this album on a similar level to me. It's an entirely different beast from the rest of their catalog, which makes it so interesting.

As for the sales thing, I think some people forget that nearly three million people is still a really big number.

Offline dangermansam

• Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 01:49:53 AM »
I wonder if kasabians new album will get up there its a one of their best yet. meanwhile muse are releasing theres in sept 14th so its going to be big.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 03:16:13 AM »

I'm listening to Simple mind graffiti soul right now. Doesn't sound bad first song was very good.

Offline Lemon-Twist

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 06:45:41 AM »

I'm listening to Simple mind graffiti soul right now. Doesn't sound bad first song was very good.

yeah,its Great try Stars will lead the way,This is it,Light Travels and Kiss and Fly also.
Cheers

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 07:30:58 AM »

yeah,its Great try Stars will lead the way,This is it,Light Travels and Kiss and Fly also.
Cheers
this is it and The stars will lead the way sound great.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 08:04:24 AM »

Cheers
You're right great album. Didn't expect that. This it is a very very great song.

Offline Lemon-Twist

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 04:24:02 AM »

Cheers
You're right great album. Didn't expect that. This it is a very very great song.

I liked Black and White 050505, but this album is even Better,Bought this album just because of their last effort in 2005,and was quite Surprised about the song Quality,Can't stop listening to it lol.

Offline donvalley360

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 05:53:51 AM »
It's cool to finally see pro-U2 trolls.  :D

Whats a troll? apart from a big ugly ficticious beasty!!

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 06:57:53 AM »

Wauw that;s an opening song. Moscow underground beats No line on the Horizon as ana opening song. great great GREAT. Haven't paid attention to Simple Minds for a while Play and have all their albums up to Once in a lifetime and downloaded the one beofre this one which was decent but this one is really good.

Cheers

I liked Black and White 050505, but this album is even Better,Bought this album just because of their last effort in 2005,and was quite Surprised about the song Quality,Can't stop listening to it lol.