Author Topic: NO LINE ON THE HORIZON BEST SELLING ALBUM WORLDWIDE OF 2009  (Read 23173 times)

Offline MrsBrown

• Stateless
Re: NO LINE ON THE HORIZON BEST SELLING ALBUM WORLDWIDE OF 2009
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 08:01:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's cool to finally see pro-U2 trolls.  :D

Whats a troll? apart from a big ugly ficticious beasty!!

I think he meant tools.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 02:26:25 AM »
I've been listening to the new Simple minds for 2 days now. Pretty good album. Haven't heard anything this good from them for more than 20 years. Great opening song. Actually a really great album. They're back.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 03:59:21 AM »
Ok Simple Minds have delivered a far better album than U2
Who would've known. Damn There are some killer tracks on their new album can't stop listening to them. Great job guys

Offline Lemon-Twist

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lay Your Love On The Track
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2009, 04:52:00 AM »
Who would've known. Damn There are some killer tracks on their new album can't stop listening to them. Great job guys

I agree Grafitti Soul is a Far Better album,I've said this to others on this forum and speaking to people in General about Comparing the two albums,and been slated and don't know why,and also why many U2 fans are being so defensive about the Quality of Nloth.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2009, 05:06:27 AM »

I agree Grafitti Soul is a Far Better album,I've said this to others on this forum and speaking to people in General about Comparing the two albums,and been slated and don't know why,and also why many U2 fans are being so defensive about the Quality of Nloth.
because some fans can't reason objectively. The music is part of their every day existence and to criticise that is criticising them (at least that's how they see it) That's why they will defend even the not so good albums of Their band till the end of time. I love U2 but when I listened to ATYCLB for the first time I was like. What is this wack stuff. Tried and tried to lsiten to it but it was a gruelling experience. There was nothing to gain there. Then cam HTDAAB which was even worse. Now we have No line A step up. But from what?

If I put on any other U2 album prior to ATYCLB HTDAAB Or No Line I'll sit right through it and love it. (because there was something to gain there)I haven't stopped listening to ZOORAPA since it came out.

Now coming back to Simple Minds. I haven't payed any attention to what they were doing in the 90's bought the 05050 thought it was ok but not great but this albums is damn great. I had absolutll no expectation about ti and I'm so surprised by it. Can't stop listening to it. that;s what the last u2's are missing that you want to revisit it over and over again.

Any way thanks for leading me to this great record which is getting rave reviews everywhere

Nut their last three efforts have been Mwaaah and totally overrated.

Offline Lemon-Twist

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 05:29:50 AM »

I agree Graffiti Soul is a Far Better album,I've said this to others on this forum and speaking to people in General about Comparing the two albums,and been slated and don't know why,and also why many U2 fans are being so defensive about the Quality of Nloth.
because some fans can't reason objectively. The music is part of their every day existence and to criticise that is criticising them (at least that's how they see it) That's why they will defend even the not so good albums of Their band till the end of time. I love U2 but when I listened to ATYCLB for the first time I was like. What is this wack stuff. Tried and tried to lsiten to it but it was a gruelling experience. There was nothing to gain there. Then cam HTDAAB which was even worse. Now we have No line A step up. But from what?

If I put on any other U2 album prior to ATYCLB HTDAAB Or No Line I'll sit right through it and love it. (because there was something to gain there)I haven't stopped listening to ZOORAPA since it came out.

Now coming back to Simple Minds. I haven't payed any attention to what they were doing in the 90's bought the 05050 thought it was ok but not great but this albums is damn great. I had absolutll no expectation about ti and I'm so surprised by it. Can't stop listening to it. that;s what the last u2's are missing that you want to revisit it over and over again.

Any way thanks for leading me to this great record which is getting rave reviews everywhere

I agree with what you are Saying,U2 are my Favourite band and always will be,I love the 90's U2 best AB,Zoo,Pop etc and i Liked ATYCLB and HTDAAB Also,they maybe weren't up to the Standards of JT and AB but on the Grand Scale of things Were Good Albums and when these albums first came out,i listened religiously for about 6 months lol,something which Nloth failed to do I listened to it for about a month Solid and Wasn't Impressed,and Got Fed up with it Really Quickly,Don't get me Wrong there some Good songs on the Album but there is Definitely something Missing.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 06:08:08 AM »
The two of you may talk about being objective, but you're not more objective than any fans who like the new album. You just happen not to like it in the same way that other do. I think we all need to accept that peoples' opinions will differ and not hold our own thoughts as gospel. I'm aware that this is true for both sides of the argument but I object to being looked down on for thinking NLOTH is a great album.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2009, 07:13:38 AM »

I agree Graffiti Soul is a Far Better album,I've said this to others on this forum and speaking to people in General about Comparing the two albums,and been slated and don't know why,and also why many U2 fans are being so defensive about the Quality of Nloth.

I agree with what you are Saying,U2 are my Favourite band and always will be,I love the 90's U2 best AB,Zoo,Pop etc and i Liked ATYCLB and HTDAAB Also,they maybe weren't up to the Standards of JT and AB but on the Grand Scale of things Were Good Albums and when these albums first came out,i listened religiously for about 6 months lol,something which Nloth failed to do I listened to it for about a month Solid and Wasn't Impressed,and Got Fed up with it Really Quickly,Don't get me Wrong there some Good songs on the Album but there is Definitely something Missing.
The fire is missing. There some hints of it on ATYCLB When I look at the world had the urgency but after that It kinda faded. No Line has Magnificent is good but not great. Yeah I'll always be a fan till the day I die but I'm afraid that the future of this band will be a blend one. Or Maybe They'll surprise me Like Simple Minds did with Graffiti soul. Been playing it very loud. When it's finished I just put it back again.  great album. It has beaten No line.

Offline Mr. T

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2009, 11:10:34 AM »
The two of you may talk about being objective, but you're not more objective than any fans who like the new album. You just happen not to like it in the same way that other do. I think we all need to accept that peoples' opinions will differ and not hold our own thoughts as gospel. I'm aware that this is true for both sides of the argument but I object to being looked down on for thinking NLOTH is a great album.

Ugh, the Simple Minds album they're drooling over is horrid.

Offline Lemon-Twist

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2009, 12:08:13 PM »

:D :D :D,You must be Having a Laugh.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 03:10:20 AM »

It's damn fine album Their best in 20 years.

Offline utwothefly

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • me
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 11:38:08 AM »
I wonder if kasabians new album will get up there its a one of their best yet. meanwhile muse are releasing theres in sept 14th so its going to be big.

kasabians world wide appeal is pretty small compared to the giants u2!. miley cyrus will trash them unfortunately!. i agree though, there album is very good, fire and underdog are great singles. shame u2 have released songs from nloth in the wrong order. breathe should be the last release....i hope. mag should of been first then breathe then no line followed by another.

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 07:06:28 PM »
YEAH! U2 deserve it.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2009, 04:38:15 AM »
Lady gaga is selling much better at this moment which is really sad.

uridahsee

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2009, 10:08:23 AM »
Lady gaga is selling much better at this moment which is really sad.

I agree. For Lady Gaga to sell more than any artist is very sad.  I had such high hopes for Depeche Mode's album too. What happened?