Author Topic: Wembley 15th - worried about empty seats  (Read 1933 times)

Offline dogboy

• Babyface
  • The Goal is Soul....
Wembley 15th - worried about empty seats
« on: June 23, 2009, 06:20:35 AM »

I have just been on Ticketmaster in the UK and for the Wembley 15th gig there are still plenty of seated tickets left.

I tried for 2 and 4 tickets at nearly every combination of seat price and level and they were nearly all available.

Worryingly I was getting rows 6, 8 etc in pretty good blocks (albeit higher up blocks to the side and 2nd level blocks at the back of the stage. I even got offered 4 level 1 tickets at the very back of the stadium which suggests it's not even sold out at level 1 all round)

Hopefully the tour starting will generate more interest as I would hate to see lots of empty seats.

It goes without saying though that there were no standing available

I have also been watching ebay to see what interest there is - some person ended up selling 2 x 150 seats for 210. So in fact you can even get seated tickets at lower than face value, and standing tickets are selling at more or less the cost of face value plus booking fees.

I have never seen this happen before, and it's worrying. (PopMart aside!)

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
Re: Wembley 15th - worried about empty seats
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 06:57:38 AM »
I wouldn't worry, there were quite a few empty seats at twickenham when I went in 2005 but full in the majority. As long as you are there, that's the main thing. I'm tempted to get tickets for the saturday, I already have friday tickets.

Offline stigman

• Party Girl/Boy
  • live is where we live
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 11:11:34 AM »
its hard to get the english to part with their money their more interested in the ashes and wimbledon zzzzzzzzzzzzz............

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 11:47:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
its hard to get the english to part with their money their more interested in the ashes and wimbledon zzzzzzzzzzzzz............

Wimbledon and the Ashes rock  8)

Plus you forget the amount of music festivals during the British summer.

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 01:07:22 PM »
I expect when the tour kicks-off and reviews and Twits, and U-Tubes, and blogs and photos start getting out, all of the remaining seats for all of the shows we be sold.  Have no fear. 

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »
Something to consider . Most of U2 tours recently have started in the States and then moved into the UK . So usually there has been a lot of hype about the tour before tickets went on sale here . so it was then see as more of a must see show for people who are not complete U2 nuts like me  :)
This time tickets went on sale just on the back of the album .
I think when people see The Claw up and running the sales will pick up.

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 06:28:38 PM »
United Airlines allowing, I will be there . . . I think the seats will sell, but if there are some empty ones, I will have more room to dance.   ;)

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 07:24:26 PM »
If you're really worried, and can book me a flight from USA i'll take care of one of those seats! In all seriousness, one of my shows is still selling too, Phoenix, the other two, LA and Vegas I had to buy the tix off ebay, i paid almost double the face value for la, and more than double face value for Vegas - bad seats, but as we know, U2 always plays a great show regardless. I'm on the floor for Phoenix, besides the floor everything else is still available! I hope to God they dont cancel it!

Offline Alx

• Wanderer
  • U2 360 Tour
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 02:57:24 AM »
No worries about that, there is 2 more months for this gig and it will be ok.
After all, all the second dates added to a tour cannot soldout so easy as the first ones.
Take for example Barcelona, 2nd date in Camp Nou and there are still tickets available.

We got also our tickets for 15August behind the stage.

EdgesDelay

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 03:06:30 AM »
U2 will make sure that the opening nights in Barcelona are well publicised. Once TV visuals get out to the world of what the claw looks like fired up, the ticket sales will start picking up again.