Author Topic: The Official Topic Discussion of the 2 Chicago Shows on September 12th and 13th  (Read 4734 times)

Achtung40Life

Gather round Chicagoians and out of towners: Hey to everyone going to the Chicago shows on September 12th and/or 13th in Soldier Field. I'm very excited for these 2 concerts as they will be my first U2 concerts (I've been waiting years for this, although I'm a relatively new fan). Some fun questions:

Traveling to See Them in Chicago? Yes
Ticket Location? First Night: GA     Second Night: 105 (yes, the $250 seats uhhhhh these concerts made me broke!!!!)
Dream Song(s)? With or Without You, Ultraviolet, Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World, Running to Stand Still (with the harmonica piece at the end, just like in Rattle and Hum!), Electrical Storm
Pre Concert Activities? Hopefully the weather is nice, I'll probably just be walking in the beautfiul Chicago parks
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? For the first show, anywhere from 4-6 hours early (GA)   Second, probably an hour or so.

Feel free to have an open discussion about these dates, it's getting near. I'll also have a countdown once we are closer to the date.

Scroll to the Bottom of This Page For a Link to the Official Countdown Until Night 1
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 08:32:29 PM by Achtung40Life »

Offline Northern Soul

• Desert Rose
  • I'm not coming down...
Traveling to See Them in Chicago?  Yes
Ticket Location? First Night: $95 seats (don't have the tickets on me at the moment)     Second Night: GA
Dream Song(s)? One, Kite, Until The End Of the World, Running to Stand Still, 40
Pre Concert Activities? Taking in some sites, drinking in a few pubs.   ;)
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? For the first show, probably an hour or so...Second, not sure yet.  Maybe a few hours.

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
Ticket Location? First Night: $250    Second Night: $95 behind the stage - could be an interesting vantage point
Dream Song(s)? Gone, In God's Country, Levitate (would like a song from Rare, Medium, Unmastered), Electrical Storm, Stay,
Pre Concert Activities? Cub Game at Wrigley
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? Staying just down the street, so may see how things are going. 

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
Ticket Location?
    First Night: $95 seats Section 250
    Second Night: $95 Seats Sec 326
    That way I will see the show from both ends of the stadium, close and far...
Dream Song(s)? Stay, Staring at the Sun, Wild Horses, Crumbs
Pre Concert Activities? Driving from Minneapolis Saturday, museums & parks Sunday
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? An hour or so before opening band.

I suggest we designate a particular hot dog stand for the official NOT-VIP advance party at each stadium.  ;)

Offline Niterpi

• Stateless
Traveling to See Them in Chicago?   Yes - flying in the night before.
Ticket Location?
    First Night:GA - not going 2nd night >:(
Dream Song(s)? Stay, being born, acrobat, seconds, i threw a brick.....
Pre Concert Activities? haven't decided yet
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? not sure, any advice would be helpful since i've never been to stadium show.  before vertigo which i also had GA i was there all day!  and it paid off, i was in the ellipse!  not sure if my traveling companions will be up for the all day in line thing, but i'll push for it!

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
 Traveling to See Them in Chicago?   No, I live in Wisconsin!
Ticket Location?
    First Night:GA  Second Night: Red Zone (yep, I'm broke but happy!)
Dream Song(s)? Miss Sarajevo, In God's Country
Probable Pre- Concert Activities? haven't decided yet. Might have a friend drop us off/pick us up so it would be up to him.
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier?   For GA it depends on my companions, as early as possible. For the second show, about an hour or so beforehand.

Thanks for this thread, it's just another wonderful thing to get me excited! <Like I needed it  ;)> These are my first U2 shows too!
Birdlover

Offline realist

• Wanderer
Traveling to See Them in Chicago?  Yes, from Australia
Ticket Location? First Night: $250 seat in section 309 (its a once in a lifetime)
Dream Song(s)?
Bad, Until The End Of the World, One Tree Hill, Electric Co, Out of Control
Pre Concert Activities? Taking in some sites, drinking in a few pubs. (that sounds like me 2)   
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? 1hr

Offline pizzaclub

• Babyface
Traveling to See Them in Chicago?  Not really (1 hour)
Ticket Location? First Night: GA     Second Night: GA
Dream Song(s)? Me: In A Little While, IGWSHA, EBTTRT  Fiance: Wild Honey
Pre Concert Activities? Sitting in line probably.
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? This will depend on how the Europe tour goes and the procedure on getting in.  Several hours early at least.

Offline monte

• Babyface

Traveling to See Them in Chicago? Yes, from Mexico City (flying the day before)
Ticket Location? First Night: GA     Second Night: 214
Dream Song(s)? Stay, Red Hill Minning Town
Pre Concert Activities? Chicago City Tour
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? First show, maybe at 7-8 hours early  Second show, probably an hour before

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
Traveling to See Them in Chicago?  Yes...from Tucson, Arizona
Where are you staying Travelodge
Ticket Location? 09/12 GA...09/13 GA
Dream Song(s)? Ultraviolet, Out of Control, Kite, Mysterious Ways, One Tree Hill
Pre Concert Activities? Hopefully a cubs game, some culture, maybe a slice of chicago pizza
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? Have no idea

-dan

Achtung40Life

I just know there are more people attending these concerts!

Bobo

Traveling to See Them in Chicago? No, I'll be working in Chicago for 3 months
Ticket Location? First Night: NONE YET!! (hint)
Dream Song(s)? One Tree Hill, Bad, Original Of The Species, Unknown Caller
Pre Concert Activities? NONE YET
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? Dunno yet

Offline Molson1020

• Wanderer
Traveling to See Them in Chicago? Just from the north side of Chicago.
Ticket Location? The ultra cheap seats =(
Dream Song(s)? Zoo Station, Lemon, Discotheque, Mofo, Kite
Pre Concert Activities? Probably grabs some drinks ahead of time
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? Approximatly one hour.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
Traveling to See Them in Chicago? Yes
Ticket Location? First Night: GA     Second Night: GA
Dream Song(s)? Bad, All I Want Is You, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, One, Kite, Electrical Storm
Pre Concert Activities? GA line, GA line and more GA line... with a bunch of wonderful folks!
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? As early as the gang sees fit!

We are flying in from Canada on Sept 10 and then leaving on the 14th for Toronto where we will see both concerts there.  We are coming back through Chicago Sept 18-21 and going to see The Charlatans (UK) at the Double Door on Sept 20.

Achtung40Life

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 08:30:44 PM by Achtung40Life »