Author Topic: The Official Topic Discussion of the 2 Chicago Shows on September 12th and 13th  (Read 4792 times)

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
Traveling to see them in Chicago?:  yes, five hours
Ticket location?:  2nd tier, sort of behind Larry
Dream Songs: One Tree Hill, MLK, Kite, Mofo
Probable Pre-concert activities: Late lunch/early dinner,  meeting up with fellow old ladies
How Early Will you arrive at Soldier Field:  an hour or two before opening act

Offline AndyGibbDrinksLemonade

• Babyface
  • Only Love Can Leave Such a Scar
Traveling to see them in Chicago?:  45 minute drive from the Chicago burbs!

Ticket location?:  Thanks to an "in" with a co-worker, $270 VIP Tix - and still no idea where they will be exactly! But assuredly up close!

Dream Songs: City of Blinding Lights, New Year's Day, Pride

Probable Pre-concert activities: Drinking and eating at the Bar Louie (Dearborn Station) on Polk. Walking distance from Solider Field.

How Early Will you arrive at Soldier Field: Probably 6:00/6:30.

RAIN - Thuderstorms???? ARGHHHHH!!!!!!

Offline pearls

• Babyface
Traveling to See Them in Chicago?  Yes, from Los Angeles
Ticket Location? First Night: GA     Second Night:  Section 215
Dream Song(s)? Bad, Until The End Of the World, Your Blue Room, A Sort of Homecoming, Wire, Electric Co, Out of Control
Pre Concert Activities?     Search for the official queue.......
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? As soon as we can line up - haven't found out the official line-up time.....

Offline u2boy11

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Miss Holiday Golightly, Traveling.
Re: The Official Topic Discussion of the 2 Chicago Shows on September 12th and 1
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2009, 09:31:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Btw, I got an official word from Solider that for the U2 concerts...The "Parking lot" (i.e. the outside queue) will open for fans to start lining up around 3pm. The doors will open at 5pm for getting into the stadium.

That seems kind of late, doesn't it.  Considering the 60,000 plus people that are going to be there.  Especially knowing Chicago and how traffic and such is (I am from Chicago)

Oh I know...see, my best friend works at solider field, that's how I know...and he says they're going to be super strict enforcing this. But I have a feeling I'm still gonna get there around noon.

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Re: The Official Topic Discussion of the 2 Chicago Shows on September 12th and 1
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2009, 09:45:24 PM »
3 of my friends are CPD, and one is working SF Sat. You will be able to line up before 3. Take it for what it's worth. ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:47:37 PM by Anthony02 »

Achtung40Life

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 05:28:47 AM »
3 of my friends are CPD, and one is working SF Sat. You will be able to line up before 3. Take it for what it's worth. ;D

3AM or 3PM? And do you know about the policy about cameras and beach balls? Thanks.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, 06:34:47 AM »

3AM or 3PM? And do you know about the policy about cameras and beach balls? Thanks.

The CPD doesn't set rules for cameras and beach balls.

However, no beach balls officially.  And only point-and-shoot cameras.

Offline onoB27

• Stateless
Traveling to See Them in Chicago? Yes
Ticket Location?$45 seats
Dream Song(s)? WOWY, RTSS, SYCMIOYO, ASOH, IGCIIDGCT, UTEOTW, I will Follow, AIWIY, COBL, Discotheque
Pre Concert Activities? Drinking, maybe a little sightseeing
How Early Will You Arrive at Soldier? Hopefully right before U2 goes on, i dont care for snow patrol.

Offline u2boy11

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Miss Holiday Golightly, Traveling.
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2009, 09:37:49 AM »

Oh yes...I was planning on breaking the rules anyway. I would wait for days to see U2...

And actually, I have been.  ;D

Achtung40Life

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2009, 03:18:45 PM »

The CPD doesn't set rules for cameras and beach balls.

However, no beach balls officially.  And only point-and-shoot cameras.

Officially, but how lenient are they going to be is the question...