Author Topic: u2 live energy can they maintain it  (Read 1169 times)

Offline imedi

• Child of Grace
u2 live energy can they maintain it
« on: June 23, 2009, 04:47:25 PM »
every time a u2 tour starts i always wonder if they can maintain the same live energy they bring on stage or are am i expecting too much now from people that are almost 50 now

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
Re: u2 live energy can they maintain it
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 04:53:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
every time a u2 tour starts i always wonder if they can maintain the same live energy they bring on stage or are am i expecting too much now from people that are almost 50 now
They will have energy on this tour too, but going by the setlsts so far, it will be a more toned down show that fits with the new album mood...and their age.
Choosing songs like In a Little While, Unforgettable Fire, Drowning Man, Ultraviolet ,Walk On . It isn't going to be the faster tempo, 'louder' stuff like last time with  Out of Control,Electric Co, LPOE, The Fly Mysterious Ways, Zoo Station of the last tour.

Offline melbourne85

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 05:03:20 PM »
I think it is not a matter of maintaining the energy.. but taking it to another level.. have a look at the bloody stage!

Offline MarlinsFan7

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:21:09 PM »
It also helps that its a stadium tour versus an arena tour where they play back to back to back shows...

The longer breaks inbetween shows should help them out

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 07:14:58 PM »
Yeah they're almost 50, but look at them! They're in better shape than most 50 year olds! Bono looks better than ever, Edge minus some more hair is the same as when October debuted with a full head of fuzz, Larry works out regularly that those of us taking dates are gonna have to shadow them from his guns, and Adam's smile about touring again is so damn wide i'm worried he's smoking too much pot again! No, we don't have to roll out the wheel chairs just yet... But when we do, i'll be attending that show too!