Author Topic: what if it wasnt michael jackson...what if it was bono?  (Read 9322 times)

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
Re: what if it wasnt michael jackson...what if it was bono?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 02:23:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It would be like the Who trying to go on after Keith Moon died....and he was the drummer, what if it was Roger or Townshend? 

Ah, but The Who did go on after the death of Moon. Kenney Jones was his replacement.

Offline Immy1992

• Elevated
  • oh sugar, don't you cry
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 04:50:21 PM »
just thinking about this is making me feel uneasy... I feel really close to Bono even though i havent met him. If he went, i'd feel so... theres no words for it...  :'(

*goes to try and find a way to make all U2 members immortal*

shockdocta22

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 05:33:40 PM »

It would be like the Who trying to go on after Keith Moon died....and he was the drummer, what if it was Roger or Townshend? 

Ah, but The Who did go on after the death of Moon. Kenney Jones was his replacement.

sorry, i said my sentence, wrong, i meant to say it was like a disaster after Keith Moon passed, the only decent thing after was Eminence Front

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 05:43:06 PM »
i told my wife after we found out about michael jackson that its sad and all but it could be worse...i never related to michael jackson, he could be the coolest dude in the world but in my world bono is the guy that i adore and i dont adore anyone especially a guy! i mean bono and michael jackson are close to the same age granted bono probably takes better care of himself, didnt have as much stress, takes care of his money a lot better and is in what appears to be fine mental health but it got me thinking of how i would feel if the world lost bono or any other member of U2 for that matter. granted ive met bono briefly one time but i think he would go into the category of "crying over someone dying that ive never met" for what sounds strange to non U2 fans i bet a lot of U2 fans can relate when i say: we watch and listen to these 4 guys so much it feels like they are apart of our family and its times/days like these that we should be happy for the things we have.  rip MJ

I agree with every. single. word. of this post.  Hit the nail right on the head.  If it was Bono, I honestly do not know how I would handle myself.  Seriously

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 06:10:46 PM »
First of all everybody on this forum would be crying, well at least i suppose so, including me.

And the band would be done, yes he could be replaced, but the overall personality wouldn't be replaced.

All in all, i don't think about it.

Offline Immy1992

• Elevated
  • oh sugar, don't you cry
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 07:41:04 PM »
i told my wife after we found out about michael jackson that its sad and all but it could be worse...i never related to michael jackson, he could be the coolest dude in the world but in my world bono is the guy that i adore and i dont adore anyone especially a guy! i mean bono and michael jackson are close to the same age granted bono probably takes better care of himself, didnt have as much stress, takes care of his money a lot better and is in what appears to be fine mental health but it got me thinking of how i would feel if the world lost bono or any other member of U2 for that matter. granted ive met bono briefly one time but i think he would go into the category of "crying over someone dying that ive never met" for what sounds strange to non U2 fans i bet a lot of U2 fans can relate when i say: we watch and listen to these 4 guys so much it feels like they are apart of our family and its times/days like these that we should be happy for the things we have.  rip MJ

I agree with every. single. word. of this post.  Hit the nail right on the head.  If it was Bono, I honestly do not know how I would handle myself.  Seriously

U2 are such a huge part of my life, i think my life would just stand still... I cant even think about it anymore...

Offline silverbad

• Stateless
  • see the future just hanging there...
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 09:02:07 PM »
oh my god...I haven't read the responses...but never say that again.....eek
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 11:59:20 PM by silverbad »

Offline silverbad

• Stateless
  • see the future just hanging there...
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 09:09:09 PM »
That said I would not be going in to work. Everyone there would know why. I would listen to the music and watch all the DVDs...even the Red Rocks VHS with Send in the Clowns on it....oh...see we all think about it....but I don't want to dwell on it,...ya know?    I am just happy the band has had such a great life....the media would be pretty bored with it....no scandal...eh?.....that would rightly upset them.....

Offline alex.found.pete.the.chop

• Refugee
  • ... in hell with a bottle of milk
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 09:20:56 PM »
If it as Bono we'd all be in a state of shock and @u2 would have to get a chat room so we could talk it out and console each other.

However, it's not Bono.  Bono isn't anorexic with a $100,000 a year prescription drug problem and a penchant for plastic surgery. 

Offline DarkRidley (Chief Kitty Kat Utilities Officer)

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Always just a touch away
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009, 04:57:16 AM »
Bono is one of my biggest idols and I'd be unimaginably shocked and depressed if he died. I can't even think about it. I love U2, and I love Bono. It would be unspeakable to see such a wonderful man die.

But thankfully, he's a healthy man who looks half his age and probably will be with us for a while yet assuming he doesn't get in a car/plane/train/etc. crash. For now, I just don't want to think about the idea; it's too horrific.

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 10:08:40 AM »
The exact same thought ran through my mind yesterday. It kinda shocked me actually when I realise how much Bono's death would affect me.

I would disagree with Jick about the reality show thing. One must understand that unlike other rock bands, U2 are a true family in every sense of the word: they have after all known each other since they were children and spent their entire adult lives together. That kind of bond just can't be replicated.

I have a feeling that it's more likely for Bono to die from assassination, though. In recent years the tide of public opinion has been turning steadily against him because of his outspoken stand on Africa...add to that his penchant for bragging about his habit of walking around in public without security, and it almost makes me shiver to think about what could happen.

Offline CGE

• Precious Stone
  • Without TUF there never would have been JT- Edge
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2009, 10:33:27 AM »
creepy that there is a thread in here about this - it will happen to all of us one day- but it did cross my mind.

only art survives - and our band has a lot to leave behind.

satellitedog01

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2009, 03:02:10 PM »
It might happen one day, or maybe not.

I hope they fill the remaining time with music.

The only thing that would be worse than whimpery, schmaltzy fan reaction would be Chris Martin ruining one of their songs...

And the all star ensemble singing One might be a little dodgy eventually, but that would happen too.

The upside would be: At least they wouldn't possibly play Beautiful Day for a few days on mainstream radio...

:)

Let's get over this mortality stuff, won't help much talking about nothing. Here comes the tour!

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2009, 09:03:18 PM »
granted bono probably takes better care of himself

lol

don't make me think about bono dying. i don't want to go there. oh wait, i just did. man that would be so sad. it will be. it's gonna happen.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 09:09:58 PM by Joe90usa »

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2009, 09:38:17 PM »
The thought actually crossed my my mind of what that day will be like.  I'll need to take the day off work to deal with it.  Rest in peace Michael.  He's finally in peace!