Author Topic: Collaborators on Threads  (Read 2815 times)

shockdocta22

Collaborators on Threads
« on: June 27, 2009, 08:37:50 AM »
When we make a thread, can we make it so we can invite people to collaborate on them?

sorry if this is a stupid question :-[

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Re: Collaborators on Threads
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 12:57:01 PM »
I think it's a good suggestion  :)

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 03:11:25 PM »
Where are you headed with this question? Give me an example of what you want to do. The only collaboration I can think of would involve one person sending material to another via email and having that person combine that material with their own. There is no way for a post to be from Person X and Person Y. It must be one or the other. Two people can not combine to create one post.

shockdocta22

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 07:06:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Where are you headed with this question? Give me an example of what you want to do. The only collaboration I can think of would involve one person sending material to another via email and having that person combine that material with their own. There is no way for a post to be from Person X and Person Y. It must be one or the other. Two people can not combine to create one post.
Well ummm you know how thread makers have abilities to do stuff with their thread that others can't?  I'm asking that we can invite people to have these same abilities.  I'm sorry if my question sounds stupid :-[

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 07:43:16 PM »
Well ummm you know how thread makers have abilities to do stuff with their thread that others can't?  I'm asking that we can invite people to have these same abilities.  I'm sorry if my question sounds stupid :-[

What abilities are you looking for? I'm still lost as to what you want to do. PM me if that makes things easier to explain what's going on. If you are asking for others to have the ability to, say, lock your topic, no...that can't happen. Nor add a poll. I'm pretty sure the answer to your question will end up being no, but I want to make sure I understand what you want first.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 12:36:39 AM »

What abilities are you looking for? I'm still lost as to what you want to do. PM me if that makes things easier to explain what's going on. If you are asking for others to have the ability to, say, lock your topic, no...that can't happen. Nor add a poll. I'm pretty sure the answer to your question will end up being no, but I want to make sure I understand what you want first.

I think what Shock is asking for is to allow specific members to help monitor/edit threads if permitted by the person who opened the thread or moderator. So basically, what you said :P

shockdocta22

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 07:59:41 PM »
Yea what Nielsen said.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 09:14:20 PM »
Yea what Nielsen said.

Only two levels of administration are provided for in this software. There is the user-initiated admin rights that thread starters have and the true admin rights that the moderators and admin of the board have. I'm afraid that's all there is and having more would be a bad idea.

shockdocta22

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 02:22:46 PM »
Yea what Nielsen said.

Only two levels of administration are provided for in this software. There is the user-initiated admin rights that thread starters have and the true admin rights that the moderators and admin of the board have. I'm afraid that's all there is and having more would be a bad idea.

alright, thanks anyways Joe :)

and by the way, 810 people!  congrats to the forum