Author Topic: Who's wearing the mask?  (Read 6436 times)

Offline polyester shirt

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I'm content with who I am.
Re: Who's wearing the mask?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 10:25:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is a much more sensible mask to wear:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It's a tribute to Michael Jackson AND protects you from swine flu.

Win Win.

Yeah, but I can scare people with mine.  :P

Offline donvalley360

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 04:01:12 AM »
Not a chance,im not wearing a mask,people may get scares when i take it off!! Seriously,its a bit daft and impractical isnt it,fiddling with a paper mask at a concert,without it tearing or getting sweat soaked,not going to be easy! I dont know anything about her,im sure shes probably a special and worthy person,and important in her own country,but im just not that interested to be honest,sorry,but thats just my opinion.

Offline in_eden

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 07:39:35 AM »
Nuh-uh, not gonna happen.
I support the sentiment and all... but if I carry anything into the stadium, it will be a means of recucing the need to buy $8 beer. I do the texting crap... but wearing a mask is where I've got to draw the line!

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 08:35:32 AM »
no problem. I'll wear the mask. I'm not scared to be uncool. I fully support it.

ps. for those not wearing the mask - could u at least maybe hold it in the air during Walk On?

Offline donvalley360

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 08:43:24 AM »
no problem. I'll wear the mask. I'm not scared to be uncool. I fully support it.

ps. for those not wearing the mask - could u at least maybe hold it in the air during Walk On?

Wouldnt be a problem,out of respect,but again,i point to the problem of keeping a piece of paper in good enough condition for a whole day,after its been stuffed in a pocket for hours on end,also,my printer is u/s

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 08:46:49 AM »

Wouldnt be a problem,out of respect,but again,i point to the problem of keeping a piece of paper in good enough condition for a whole day,after its been stuffed in a pocket for hours on end,also,my printer is u/s

sigh.
plus, of course, your country has enough of its own problems, right? Pick whatever reasons you like to justify not wearing it/ bringing it. Bottom line is - if you really do care, then you bring it, no?

Offline donvalley360

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 08:51:41 AM »

sigh.
plus, of course, your country has enough of its own problems, right? Pick whatever reasons you like to justify not wearing it/ bringing it. Bottom line is - if you really do care, then you bring it, no?

Absolutely,im not arguing with you,and i have said,im not really that interested,i am entitled to my opinion as you are yours,and as i have said,out of respect for a lady that is obviously a good person,if it was more practical,then yes,out of respect i would bring it,but i just know that a piece of paper folded up in my pocket will be shot to hell when the time comes to use it.

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 08:55:05 AM »

sigh.

Absolutely,im not arguing with you,and i have said,im not really that interested,i am entitled to my opinion as you are yours,and as i have said,out of respect for a lady that is obviously a good person,if it was more practical,then yes,out of respect i would bring it,but i just know that a piece of paper folded up in my pocket will be shot to hell when the time comes to use it.

"this lady is obviously a good person" - ya, that might just be an understatement and I think the wearing of the mask represents not just her - but the fight she's fighting. She symbolizes much of what U2 stands for and what we take fro granted. No less, do as u like. Enjoy the show.

Offline Northern Star

• Stateless
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 09:05:38 AM »
This is such a silly idea!  I can't believe someone thought it made sense.  I admire and respect the lady, but I am sure that there are much better ways to bring her plight to the world's attention.

mariamontreal

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 10:02:03 AM »
Not me

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009, 10:06:46 AM »
I'll wear one and hold two up as well. It's ok to be uncool.

Offline LOGAN B

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Ambition Bites the Nails of Success.
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 12:03:52 PM »
at first I thought it was kool but the more I think of it the weirder it gets. What exactly does wearing the mask at the concert accomplish?

Offline U2Fan

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 01:14:07 PM »
Wearing the mask gets you entry into the claw stage if you have GA.   :P

Offline polyester shirt

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I'm content with who I am.
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 02:22:36 PM »
I'd be happy to wear it if I wasn't accompanied with somebody, my father who's never been to a U2 concert. I hope he doesn't lose respect for them due to the pretentiousness of this stunt.  :-\

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009, 02:45:30 PM »
I'd be happy to wear it if I wasn't accompanied with somebody, my father who's never been to a U2 concert. I hope he doesn't lose respect for them due to the pretentiousness of this stunt.  :-\

whoa! pretentiousness of this stunt? ... do explain