Author Topic: Nervous About Seats at Soldier, Section 105- Anyone Who's Been to Soldier-Help!!  (Read 7389 times)

Achtung40Life

I bought two $250 seats at Soldier Field in section 105, and after seeing this photo You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login , I'm a bit nervous as to whether or not I'll be able to see the video screen. Does anyone who's familiar with Soldier Field (I've never been) know if I have an overhang above my head?? Here's a Soldier Field seating chart You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Is anyone else in a similar situation, maybe at a different stadium??

Offline kellystefanie

• Babyface
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

ok - it's your counterpart from the other thread (section 143) here is a picture of soldier field (hopefully it came over ok) i think we're ok....i don't notice any 'overhangs'.....

Offline kellystefanie

• Babyface
ok  wait...its me again....this one looks like there IS an overhang...just can't tell how far back the seat go underneath....i'll keep looking!!

Achtung40Life

I'm in section 105, row 19. From the pictures I've seen, the overhang starts at about row 10. That's a shame that I thought I was getting the best seat in the house, and they didn't even bother notifying me about this sure problem. Looks like the 360 design isn't flawless like the designers and the band have been blabbing about. Maybe by the time it reaches NA, they'll realize this and lower the screen, or add in more monitors. All I know is this is a HUGE flaw for such expensive tickets.

Offline kellystefanie

• Babyface
oh man....i hope that overhang doesn't start at row 10...are you looking at the pictures i posted or did you find a better one??

Achtung40Life

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login*6Vd-VhG3plc2sayWRR*Le0WZZAiTc-o28eRZrFlO13*x96vdQKRl-e05lHk8hIYXwUlSlBRfe3R/chicago_stadium.jpg

I got this photo, and I just counted the rows. Which side of the stadium are you on? The "Adam Clayton Side" is the one with the overhang, and the "Edge side doesn't seem to have one. Of course I'm on the Clayton side, the 4th section from the left of the tunnel, 19 rows up.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 01:49:00 PM by Achtung40Life »

Achtung40Life

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login*6Vd-VhG3plc2sayWRR*Le0WZZAiTc-o28eRZrFlO13*x96vdQKRl-e05lHk8hIYXwUlSlBRfe3R/chicago_stadium.jpg

I got this photo, and I just counted the rows. Which side of the stadium are you on? The "Adam Clayton Side" is the one with the overhang, and the "Edge side doesn't seem to have one. Of course I'm on the Clayton side, the 4th section from the left of the tunnel, 19 rows up.

I don't know why the clickable link isn't working, try to copy and paste the URL into your ULR space, it seems to do the trick

Offline kellystefanie

• Babyface
I'm across from you ... section 143. To me it looks like the overhang starts farther back than row 10.....maybe someone who actually knows soldier field will respond..

Achtung40Life

Yeah, your side appears to be fine, as for mine....

Offline kellystefanie

• Babyface
..ok...i emailed soldier field...couldn't reach anyone by phone...if i get a CONFIRMATION on where the overhang ACTUALLY starts..i'll let you know

Achtung40Life

Thank you so much, I have my fingers crossed (doubtfully) :-\

Offline MrsBrown

• Stateless

The west side of the stadium, Edge's side (stage right) has an almost totally covered section.  This is where my seats are (Sec. 237), and it could be quite problematic both in terms of sightlines and acoustics.  Sorry.  I share the same concerns (what's more, if you're right on the 50 yard line, the claw may obstruct as well). 

Offline u290sbaby

• Stateless
Ok, don't you all think that U2 didn't think all of this out?

First of all, the picture of the obstructive overhang area at Camp Nou is misleading. I have read that seats on those areas with severe obstruction were NOT SOLD. Therefore all of those seats on that picture will remain empty.

I'm sure this will be the case on EVERY venue that U2 360 will be held at. They're not going to blindly sell you $120 seats that will severely obstruct the view of the entire claw and stage.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
You won't have an overhang above your head obstructing the screen.  If NFL stadiums have overhangs at all, they are over the club section, in this case the 200s.

Because the overhang is likely in the 200s, it is behind YOU, and anyone sitting in 200s it will be above your head, and the stage/screen will be on the FIELD.

There will not be an obstructed view at an NFL stadium due to an overhang, that's just how football fields are designed.  Baseball gets weird with poles and foul lines etc, but football fields would never have an overhang obstructing an on-field view, that would just be ridiculous.

Don't worry about this.

Offline MrsBrown

• Stateless
You won't have an overhang above your head obstructing the screen.  If NFL stadiums have overhangs at all, they are over the club section, in this case the 200s.

Because the overhang is likely in the 200s, it is behind YOU, and anyone sitting in 200s it will be above your head, and the stage/screen will be on the FIELD.

There will not be an obstructed view at an NFL stadium due to an overhang, that's just how football fields are designed.  Baseball gets weird with poles and foul lines etc, but football fields would never have an overhang obstructing an on-field view, that would just be ridiculous.

Don't worry about this.

The Soldier field section has TVs for exactly this reason, the video screen IS obstructed.