Author Topic: Crazy live...  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
Crazy live...
« on: June 30, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »
I'm actually liking the live remix version.  It fits the tour.

Offline zooradio

• Babyface
Re: Crazy live...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 11:48:01 PM »
I was VERY surprised at this song live. I like it.

Offline Utwoed

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Being ridiculous is something I hold dear
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 11:49:03 PM »
I like it too.  Like the studio version also, but this remix is cool.

Offline peeet

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 11:50:01 PM »
me tooo!
sounds really fun!

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 12:00:39 AM »
I seen the live footage it looks like a nightclub when they play this.

Offline Raven

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 07:10:21 AM »
I disagree.  I mean I'm sure it will be cool to see it actually live, but on video I thought it sounded horrible (even though it looked cool).  Everyone said (even U2) that this song was built for stadiums...  it was their "stadium anthem song" of this album, but then they re-mix it???  And re-mix it live???  The re-mix is unrecognizable to the studio version outside of the lyrics.  If they were going to re-mix a song, they should have done it to a song that is established already.  Crazy when performed at Fordham and on Letterman rocked.  I'm sad with this change.

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 08:34:12 AM »
Agree with previous post, don't like it, remix it on another tour (a la lemon popmart), but for it's debut lets hear the original, this song is imo the best on the album, and i actually do like the remixes all of them, but live, lets hear the original, after 360, specifically la, vegas, and phoenix, you can remix it however you want! Plus the remix cuts out the baby baby baby part, cmon, original please!

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 08:41:02 AM »
nah, for mine they can play it to death throughout europe so they're sick of it by the time it gets to LA & Vegas and they drop it. Worst song on the album in my opinion. But it's still better than Wild Honey.

;D

Offline analogk

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • My picture of Edge in 2005.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 08:48:02 AM »
Just watched some footage.  Not a bad version. I like the visuals too.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 09:05:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I disagree.  I mean I'm sure it will be cool to see it actually live, but on video I thought it sounded horrible (even though it looked cool).  Everyone said (even U2) that this song was built for stadiums...  it was their "stadium anthem song" of this album, but then they re-mix it???  And re-mix it live???  The re-mix is unrecognizable to the studio version outside of the lyrics.  If they were going to re-mix a song, they should have done it to a song that is established already.  Crazy when performed at Fordham and on Letterman rocked.  I'm sad with this change.

Agreed. Live I may think it's okay, or even good, but it's FAR worse than the album version. Very disappointed with the change.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 09:05:54 AM »
They murdered the song, and added another waste-of-time moment for the audience.

Cheers,

J

Offline MrsBrown

• Stateless
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 09:09:54 AM »
I highly doubt the live remix will make it to the States.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 09:17:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Agree with previous post, don't like it, remix it on another tour (a la lemon popmart), but for it's debut lets hear the original, this song is imo the best on the album, and i actually do like the remixes all of them, but live, lets hear the original, after 360, specifically la, vegas, and phoenix, you can remix it however you want! Plus the remix cuts out the baby baby baby part, cmon, original please!

the baby baby baby bit may sound too similar to the baby.... in ultra violet, which they are (thankfully) playing on this tour and may be why they have dropped this part of the song

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 09:20:34 AM »
Just brutal.  Absolute garbage.  They better go back to the regular version by the time they hit Toronto.  That remix garbage may work in Europe but it won't fly down her and in the States.  U2 better get with the program or just retire while they still have their dignity.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 09:31:49 AM by boom boom »

Offline Alex

• Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 09:29:32 AM »
WHAT THE **** IS THIS ****?!?!?!?! honestly?!!