Author Topic: Crazy live...  (Read 4117 times)

Offline 1985

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Crazy live...
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 09:49:10 AM »
Like the track a lot, particularly toward the end. The utter lack of melody is a bit disarming, but the fans of "experimental, bold" U2 should be thrilled.

Offline Vervefloyd

• Refugee
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 09:55:03 AM »
i'm all for changing things up in the studio, but based on the videos this is the section where the POP songs would fit better and would draw a better reaction from the crowd.  Mofo or Discotheque would be stunning in my opinion.  Or they could go the more rock route with a Gone/Last Night on Earth Segment.

Offline Alex

• Wanderer
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 10:11:53 AM »
The band are also set to shock fans with 150-minute performances featuring some songs never before played live, plus an acoustic version of Mysterious Ways, a rock revamp of Walk On and a dance music remix of I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight.

go figure  :D

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 11:30:14 AM »
weird version, take some getting used to, shame cos the album / single version is awesome....Walk on sounds the same to me as the elevation tour

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 11:34:08 AM »
Well what seems to be a waste of some people's time turned out to be a real treat for others! I loved it. I never had any doubt that this song would be a lot fun in concert!  The remix was a great idea.

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 02:41:29 PM »
People cry that U2 are too predictable and do the same thing.   It's funny how U2 actually does something different and people cry even more.    ::)

satellitedog01

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 03:49:31 PM »
I like the idea of playing both Mofo and Crazy at the same shows, but to mix them together.

The remix they based this version on, is apallingly boring, and it would be far better to start the
concerts with the intro part, then go into the regular song, just like Boots live version, only more extended.

This current state (it may be only an experiment) doesn't make sense, apart from the funny intro video.

I'd love to see this as either the start of the show as mentioned, or as first regular encore.

They'll eventually get back to the original version, that's almost certain.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 04:03:56 PM »
Seemed like a Dance song, don't worry though, plenty more shows left to fix it up

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 04:42:15 PM »
I loved it, fits with that part of the show, in fact after hearing some negative reviews of the show, have listened to the entire show watched a lot of clips on you tube and the show looks and sounds amazing, I'm like a coiled spring waiting for my six shows !!! C'mon !! ;D ;D ;D

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 04:47:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I loved it, fits with that part of the show, in fact after hearing some negative reviews of the show, have listened to the entire show watched a lot of clips on you tube and the show looks and sounds amazing, I'm like a coiled spring waiting for my six shows !!! C'mon !! ;D ;D ;D

Every time someone says something like this, my one night and possible second look just a little feebler.  :'(

Offline Bundang Dave

• Staring at the Sun
  • It's not what I want; it's what I need.
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 05:06:12 PM »
I quite liked the mix, though I don't particularly like the album version.

The base on the live version is what makes it. I kept anticipating Bono to start yelling "Moooooooo-foooooo!" It had that kind of kick-ass vibe. Though I must admit the poppy "It's not a hill . . . " start to the chorus doesn't seem to fit in very well with the live mix version.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 05:08:37 PM »

Every time someone says something like this, my one night and possible second look just a little feebler.  :'(
I will have one spare ticket for Glasgow (GA) , it's yours at face value if you want to notch up another show ;)

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 05:12:21 PM »
They murdered the song, and added another waste-of-time moment for the audience.

Cheers,

J

This statement, coming from you, means its obviously great! LOL.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 05:33:03 PM »

I will have one spare ticket for Glasgow (GA) , it's yours at face value if you want to notch up another show ;)

A very generous offer, but transport woes make it impossible for me to see them anywhere but Dublin. My thanks regardless!

Offline Nlee

• Stateless
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 06:12:43 PM »
It's a bold and fun idea, but it honestly just doesn't sound very good :(
The chorus works pretty good, but the minor key of the verses it a bit odd and doesn't seem to work with the melody very well. Considering it's their most recent single, I'm surprised they're doing such a radical version.

Larry rocks the bongos though.

-Nick