Author Topic: Crazy live...  (Read 4119 times)

Offline acefrehley

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Crazy live...
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2009, 09:09:51 PM »
I have to say I am thrilled to see the new tour.

When I saw them play "Crazy" on Letterman, and later heard it on the radio at Somerville I got goosebumps.  It was a song I couldn't wait to hear live.   The guitar, bass, and voice in the chorus on "when you start out the climb" makes me smile everytime I hear it. 

What I heard last night in my opinion completely sucked.  They've ruined the song in my eyes.  They took what could be a truly magical moment in the show and turned it into a stupid nightclub vamp.

This is only my opinion, and I mean no disrespect to anyone that enjoyed the change.  I really hope they go back to playing the song.

Offline acefrehley

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 09:15:42 PM »
This is what I want to see.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ayajedi

• Child of Grace
  • Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 10:50:14 PM »
I was underwhelmed. Maybe this remix will work in Europe but they will have to change it for Us audiences

Offline malcolm-edge

• Refugee
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2009, 01:04:53 AM »
Easily my favorite song of No Line on the Horizon. Edge is just amazing on it. Bono isn't that bad. I havent yet heard the remix. IT seems to not be going over well though.

satellitedog01

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2009, 01:55:26 AM »
Basically, it's a very average, nonmusical remix (I don't know why people get paid for such borefests) and the live version is like a mixture of the remix with very little of the original, probably only hinting at the chorus.

Here you go:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2009, 02:04:52 AM »
I enjoyed the live version! Granted, I wanted to hear what it was like on Letterman, but more polished - as the "guitar song" they were saying it was becoming. It looks like Larry had fun out there on his djembe, though. I wondered how they would get Larry his chance to go out on the catwalk this time! :D

Offline dragmio

• Refugee
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2009, 02:20:41 AM »
The "It's not a hill it's a mountain" part is way better in the remix version. Bono's voice there sounds is like he's 25 again. Maybe that's why he prefers the remix. :)

satellitedog01

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2009, 02:28:22 AM »
This would imply, his voice is prerecorded, wouldn't it?  ::)

Offline silverbad

• Stateless
  • see the future just hanging there...
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2009, 02:32:40 AM »
If they wanted rockier sound they could have just played Stand Up Comedy-I really hope they play it in Chicago - that was built for a stadium.....Ya?

Offline ayajedi

• Child of Grace
  • Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2009, 02:05:18 PM »
at least Larry looked like he was having some fun

Offline BonoBeatle

• Wanderer
  • U2 live are even better than the real thing
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2009, 04:54:14 PM »
Crazy was my least favourite song on the album as it sounded far to basic but this live version really did get my blood pumping. It rocks and will be adorable live!!   

Offline tufisbest

• Stateless
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2009, 07:42:13 PM »
I can't believe what I just watched.  If I hear that remix live at least I'll have a bathroom break.  Such a shame because I really got to love that song on the album.

Offline nolinehere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2009, 08:03:21 PM »
what's worse than Crazy on album ? Crazy-the-dance-remix

What's worse than Crazy-the-dance-remix ? U2 wasting everyone's time playing Crazy TWICE

Terrible setlist....looks like they sat down and said "what's the easiest setlist we can do"

Offline cedars

• Babyface
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2009, 08:23:38 PM »
I thoroughly enjoy the "Crazy" remix live.  It appears quite evident from the YouTube vid of it that the crowd totally loved it.  That said, it was also clear in the YouTube vid from Barcelona #2 that it is a pre-recorded track, especially Bono's vocals.  At least on two different occasions, his voice was blaring out over the PA yet his lips weren't moving.  Once on the chorus and again near the end of the song when he was kneeling down. 

I'm not sure how I feel about that revelation quite honestly.  I've no problem with sequencers and the like, but for Bono to resort to a form of lip-synching live is disheartening.  I suppose that "technically" it wasn't lip synching because he was singing along to the track, but nevertheless I would prefer he not have to do that.

Offline dragmio

• Refugee
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2009, 04:17:35 AM »
They were filming a video. Bono said it. That's why they played it twice, and that's why there was a a full backing track on the remix (maybe even on the normal version too, there is a suspicious moment on the first "I know I'm not alone").