Author Topic: Crazy live...  (Read 4121 times)

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
Re: Crazy live...
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2009, 11:31:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just brutal.  Absolute garbage.  They better go back to the regular version by the time they hit Toronto.  That remix garbage may work in Europe but it won't fly down her and in the States.  U2 better get with the program or just retire while they still have their dignity.

As someone who lives in "the states," I think your comment is pretty ignorant. If anything the folks over in Europe have better musical tastes than the Nickelback/Creed proliferated beings that exist here. After all, Europe is the place where people like Tom Waits/Zappa/Beefheart have their biggest followings, along with U2.  Its great that so many people are complaining about the new songs/reworkings etc. Proves to me that they aren't they sad excuse for a band they were in '05. Look, if you want the  boring "fan catering" U2 that plays it safe, then go watch Vertigo live from Chicago.

Aha! And since you personally don't like it, its cause for them to change it and "get with the program?" I hope they play it 3 times at your show, in the re-mixed form.

Yours along with several posts proved the whole "The USA deserves something different! We're better than everyone else"  mentality.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 11:35:31 AM by highway190 »

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2009, 11:37:04 AM »
They murdered the song, and added another waste-of-time moment for the audience.

Cheers,

J

This statement, coming from you, means its obviously great! LOL.

Oh, now hes praising it in another thread. He just says whatever he thinks will get under people's skin at the time.  Pretty sad person.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2009, 11:44:38 AM »
at least Larry looked like he was having some fun

Hell Heck yeah!!!!!! (sorry kids).  I never liked this song until I saw the vid of last night's show in Barcelona.  The Djembe adds an AWESOME sound.  I don't think this version would fly if recorded - like, I wouldn't listen to it at home.  But I think it totally works live!  I approve.