Author Topic: ULTRAVIOLET last night!!!  (Read 2687 times)

Offline davidhardy

• Wanderer
Re: ULTRAVIOLET last night!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 11:27:27 AM »
Looks like they sort of lost track of the "baby, baby, baby"'s at the end of the songs, but great performance and great show!

Offline dezmaas

• Stateless
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 12:45:47 PM »
That was great. I love this song and Bono's voice is sounding so much stronger these days, it was pretty evident in this video.

satellitedog01

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »
Yeah, he's a white soul singer now.

He can easily hit those falsetto notes, but he might have envied Edge for singing "ULTRAVIOLEEEETT" the last tour they played it.

andym

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »
what is exciting and its what makes u2 so enjoyable and relevent is they add new touches to old songs. I was so happy to sit down and watch this song again and was just blown away. Easing into the second verse and bono sings his heart out with a high second verse. He can sing the falsettoe bits easily as he proved in Unforgettable fire but on this occasion he thought why bother I've got my new toy to play with(steering wheel mic). This is U2 at their best with his suit of lights and acting for himself and the crowd.
Loved it..and man Unforgettable Fire was a joy.

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 02:09:49 PM »
Did Bono swing over the crowd?  If he did that would suck if he fell into the masses!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:49:31 PM by Evil Bono »

Offline chickenhawk

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 02:38:46 PM »
Man, I really love this song but thought it sounded like chit on the video.  I MUCH prefer the Zoo tour version and leave the swinging mic at home.  We only need Bono and nothing more.

Also, I'm so glad the Michael Jackson tribute didn't take place during my show.  I would have been pi**ed to give up any U2 time for MJ.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:42:34 PM by chickenhawk »

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 03:41:17 PM »
Just listened to the whole show, and Ultraviolet sounded fantastic. It will be highlight of the show.

Offline polyester shirt

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I'm content with who I am.
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 05:22:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Man, I really love this song but thought it sounded like chit on the video.  I MUCH prefer the Zoo tour version and leave the swinging mic at home.  We only need Bono and nothing more.

Also, I'm so glad the Michael Jackson tribute didn't take place during my show.  I would have been pi**ed to give up any U2 time for MJ.

The only fault I had with the performance was that it was lacking the guitar slide lead during the bridge, which was prevalent in the Zoo TV era. That's only a minor error however, I'm just glad they even played Ultraviolet
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 05:47:28 PM by polyester shirt »

Offline gearoid

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 05:31:43 PM »
Hated last nights version. they better get it back to its former glory before they hit dublin or i will be upset!

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 05:58:45 PM »

The only fault I had with the performance was that it was lacking the guitar slide lead during the bridge, which was prevalent in the Zoo TV era. That's only a minor error however, I'm just glad they even played Ultraviolet

Let's not get too picky, remember that it's only night one  ;)

Offline polyester shirt

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I'm content with who I am.
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 06:23:14 PM »

Let's not get too picky, remember that it's only night one  ;)

Considering that the entire show was flawless, in my opinion, there isn't anything to comment on except that one occasion.

Offline evilways811

• Stateless
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 06:28:39 PM »
Also noticed that this version sounded more like the album one, than the Zoo TV version.

Achtung40Life

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 06:55:11 PM »
Ultraviolet could turn into something very special on this tour, as the first night performance was amazing!! A couple suggestions that I think would help the performance

Have Bono sing the "sometimes I feel like I don't know...." part with no other instruments, they did this on Zootv and it gave the crowd time to get pumped and ready for an amazing performance

Edge should go back to the Explorer

Edge should sing the 'ultraviolet' part a lot louder (you couldn't even hear him last night!)

Bono needs to sing the "baby baby baby's" at the end while stumbling around the stage, that's usually the climax and the part that MAKES the song, not sure why they didn't emphasize on that.

Offline analogk

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • My picture of Edge in 2005.
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 07:17:34 PM »
Ultraviolet could turn into something very special on this tour, as the first night performance was amazing!! A couple suggestions that I think would help the performance

Have Bono sing the "sometimes I feel like I don't know...." part with no other instruments, they did this on Zootv and it gave the crowd time to get pumped and ready for an amazing performance

Edge should go back to the Explorer

Edge should sing the 'ultraviolet' part a lot louder (you couldn't even hear him last night!)

Bono needs to sing the "baby baby baby's" at the end while stumbling around the stage, that's usually the climax and the part that MAKES the song, not sure why they didn't emphasize on that.

I agree Edge should go back to the Explorer. I noticed that he was playing the song with the Stratocaster.  I think the song would sound better with the Explorer. I'm happy they played the song though.  It sounded pretty damn good!

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009, 07:30:24 AM »
that performance is my most favorite in that show! the playful Bono on stage! that's one of his trademarks. :)